1990 Specialized Rock Hopper Resurrection

Really like the cockpit, the sweep looks comfortable.
Yes, I was also wondering what's that bar?
It seems to be a nice compromise of a much more comfortable riding position for daily usage but a style which is not drawing to much of attention like those fancy hipster bars.
@KayOs Would you mind to share the name or link?

The handlebars are actually very comfortable. Unfortunately, there is a small problem with the manufacturer.... I got the handlebars from a colleague who brought over a box of bicycle parts that had been gathering dust in his cellar for years. Unfortunately, there is no manufacturer on it. But I think it could be this one, it looks almost exactly the same.

Just read our post all the way through, what a great build. Can you tell me how the Big Apples compare with the Billy Bonkers please?

I guess it's just not possible to kill those things. I'm currently working on one I found under a trailer on some property I bought, yours has MUCH better components but mine also will see the light of day again, I vow it ...

I pretty much have to paint mine, coincidentally I'm thinking baby blue, which is just so Miami Vice ya know? What goes around comes around... Also I like the "satin finish" treatment. Two enthusiastic thumbs up

Just read our post all the way through, what a great build. Can you tell me how the Big Apples compare with the Billy Bonkers please?
Thanks!
I have actually ridden both tyres and have to say
I like the Billy Bonkers better. They are a bit lighter, roll easier and have more reserves in light terrain. The Big Apple in 2.35 are softer, which is also quite pleasant.

I guess it's just not possible to kill those things. I'm currently working on one I found under a trailer on some property I bought, yours has MUCH better components but mine also will see the light of day again, I vow it ...

I pretty much have to paint mine, coincidentally I'm thinking baby blue, which is just so Miami Vice ya know? What goes around comes around... Also I like the "satin finish" treatment. Two enthusiastic thumbs up
Also a big thank you!
Yes, that's what I love about the old steel bikes, they just can't be killed and are incredibly versatile.
I'm curious to see what yours looks like now and when it's finished.

Back