1990 Raleigh Dyna-Tech Encounter stats help

Dossa

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I'm about to build up a '90 (or '91?) 17" Dyna Tech Encounter for SWMBO -- like the ones pictured below --

image post

image hosting 10mb limit

Does anyone know what size seatpost and front mech etc it takes?

1 1/8" headset?

Got the original forks as well, plus the stem and handlebars. It'll replace her '96 Saracen Backtrax but Mrs Dossa thinks its a backward step having a bike 6yrs older.. :facepalm: :D

Surely the Encounter is a cut above?! Probably be a 1x8 set up as she won't use all the gears anyway...

Any extra info on the bike would be great, literally only two or three of these on here but none specify any measurements etc. Cheers :D

Matty

Re:

Pretty sure it was 1990. Did you see the press release in the archive?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/5 ... ochure.pdf

We had one to test in the shop I worked in at the time. This pretty much coincided with my bike being stolen so I thrashed it around the Quantocks and local trails for several weeks and loved it.

Can't help with the sizes you are after though, although I'm pretty sure the headset was 1 1/8"

Re:

Cheers, just had a quick look at the press release.

Deffo 1 1/8" headset, can rule out 26.4 (too small) and 27.2 (too big) - got a feelin it's 26.8 but if any one can confirm that'd be great :D

Re:

I thought the seatpost size was 26.4 on Dynatech's...? - that's what my MT4 and previous Voyager needed anyway (just discovered 26.6 is too big!)
Front mech' should be 28.6. :)

Back