1994 Orange Clockwork (Purple)

Re: New Project: 1993 Orange Clockwork (Purple)

ooooh very...er...purpleicious. Really nice and shiny: what's your polish of choice and how do you use it?

doctorstewie":31x93bm6 said:
ooooh very...er...purpleicious. Really nice and shiny: what's your polish of choice and how do you use it?

Nothing more exotic than this little lot:

gifs upload

Plus my trusty microfibre cloths and polish rags...

Apply repeatedly until the novelty of a new frame wears off and you're utterly bored :D

Hope QR's arrived today to add to some purpley goodness :D

free image hosting

Re:

ooh! those Hope q/r's look tasty! they the modern incarnations?

That T-Cut+Wax stuff I find very useful for getting out small surface scratches and polishing up as well, I don't use it too often though, T-Cut is a little bit abrasive... don't want to polish it to bare metal :shock: :LOL:

Cheers Dossa: Polishing something till bored is something I can do. I'll be using that on my bike then.
And oh yes, lovely skewers. :)

Re:

Bit of an update to report.... :D

Sent my USE post off to Chris for a revamp - superb result! :cool:

Before & After:

screen shots

free upload image

Tidied up the Flite as well -

Before & After:

image hosting without account

free photo hosting

The Pace/Renthal Sub 130 bar also polished up well -

free image host

Hopefully, that's a full stop on the purple ano now... :oops: :D

Tyres arrived the other day, too - NOS Panaracer Mach SK

image url

- which meant I could box the wheels off now: Mavic 231CD on Deore DX hubs:

forum image hosting

picture upload

More ''as and when''

Cheers,
Matty :D

Love Panaracer Machs

That seatpost looks awesome Matty! Love the wheel and tyre combo :) .

Re:

^ Yes, I think you're probably right FC - more an early '94 model seeing as it came equipped with an STX gruppo.

More progress on this, hopefully the last phase before completion: I didn't like the original Orange 'Stalk' stem which came with the bike - only 115mm long with zero rise so picked up an SK8 stem on here, had it resprayed and contacted Gil for a new decal. A bit of rise, 130mm long so just the ticket -

image host

free picture upload

Few more parts collected lately: M730 chainset (with a bit of a cheapo middle ring but it'll do for now), XT pedals, Dia Compe levers, short cage DX mech and decided to use the original STX front mech (destickered). Also torn between using some XT cantis which are only average condition or getting some of the Pedersen SE brakes? Any thoughts?

adult photo sharing

image url upload

photo uploading

So, up to a rolling chassis stage as of today - need a fettle of the seatpost as it looks a bit gawky at the moment, always find USE a bit of a pain setting up :facepalm: :cry: Silver X-Lite seatbolt in place, but obviously happy to swap for Purple if anyone fancies it.

imgurl

image hosting no account

adult image hosting

image upload no ads

I'm happy enough with how it's looking and satisfied it'll be tidy enough by the end for what has been a quite inexpensive build so far. Biding my time for some nice XT thumbies, the rest of the parts (BB, chain, grips) can be picked up anytime - only the usual time and money constraints are preventing this being finished off sooner! :LOL:

Cheers,
Matty :D

Saddle height/angle sorted, rear mech added, bottle cage fitted and a Shark Fin as well(!)

posted image

Back