Sold Raleigh Dyna-Tech Mission - a real beauty! Dyna-Tech lover sought for 'hook-up'

TreaderSteve

Senior Retro Guru
So, there's little point keeping it any longer blocking space in the shed. It's 17" C-to-C and under a light layer of filth I would say it's pretty time-warp and pretty near mint!
Take it apart, build it back up and it could be sooooo nice. I would have done so but it's way too small. I'm a bit of a hoarder, but this needs to go to a good home. As in to a Dyna-Tech LOVER!
Not a breaker and flipper, although I can't determine what happens to a bike. The groupset and wheels will probably nowadays in this condition be the asking price, but I really hope it stays whole as it's in super condition.

Terms of sale: this one is not dibs, if you'd really like a 17" Mission for your collection and can reasonably come and get it or we can meet then put your name forward. I'm in Cambridge, UK. I could deliver if local (like 20 miles). I could pop it on a train with me to London or Norwich or Kings Lyn - that sort of distance, for a train ticket fee (I get a free day out)! I could pop it on a train with me to Peterborough, but that's probably the furthest I'd travel. Maybe you have a Retrobiker pal I could take it to? I don't want to post it - I don't think. I could hold it for months if you foresee some trip round my way?

I'd say it's all original except saddle and tyres. Couple of light small blemishes on top tube - I can't locate any dents.
A bit of rubbing on brake lever tips. Spots of light rust on reflector brackets (yep!) and step top cap. Other than that it's pretty minty and I'm 99% sure it's got its original chain and cables. Stem and seatpost move. Shifters probably need flushing out as feel a bit gummy due to the passage of time. No wear on the rim anodising. Amazing really!
Here's the scenario in my head: it was bought for 'the lady' so that 'you can come out with me on rides' (as the saddle's a bit chunky) but she didn't get on with it and so it had next to no use.

Pedals not included (soz!) as I need these for my 91" Explosif project. I had thought of using the whole groupset but can't bring myself to do it. Picture of pedal included to show that I don't even think the bike's fallen over. Same for the edge of the rear mech. Minty!

£200 (plus any train ticket if that's how it ends up). I hope this is reasonable.

Any questions or photos needed please just ask. Oh yeah, and you get a Sharkfin which is another £15-worth 'for free'!

Put your name forward and the cat will draw a name out of the hat and we'll go from there!

IMG_1063.JPG
IMG_1064.JPG
IMG_1065.JPG
IMG_1066.JPG
IMG_1067.JPG
IMG_1068.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_1070.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG
IMG_1072.JPG

Last edited:
GTpulse has stepped-forward and hopefully the deal will go through and we can sort out a meet-up - we're not too far away from each other.

Back