1990 Kona Explosif - Finished! see Page 4

Just joined after only using the site for info, I have a similar project on the go a Kona CinderCone, 1990, had from new. In process of collecting parts. Frame is white and decaled up awaiting better weather to do the splatter paint.
Campag theme so going to go with white frame, red and green splatter as Italian flag, just so many reds and greens to choose from !!
Frame before - 30 years of use, frame blasted and painted and white with decals applied.

I'll likely start a new posting as I progress.

Also building a 2000 (ish) Colnago Oval Master (Titanium Geo Paint) and further away is an '83 Colnago Nuovo Mexico

Attachments

• 2C0280D2-BCA2-42E2-A0FE-D43C026830F0.jpeg
    2C0280D2-BCA2-42E2-A0FE-D43C026830F0.jpeg
    698.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 10.40.32.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 10.40.32.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Just joined after only using the site for info, I have a similar project on the go a Kona CinderCone, 1990, had from new. In process of collecting parts. Frame is white and decaled up awaiting better weather to do the splatter paint.
Campag theme so going to go with white frame, red and green splatter as Italian flag, just so many reds and greens to choose from !!
Frame before - 30 years of use, frame blasted and painted and white with decals applied.

Also building a 2000 (ish) Colnago Oval Master (Titanium Geo Paint) and further away is an '83 Colnago Nuovo Mexico

Welcome to the forum :) Why not document your Cinder Cone rebuild on here by creating a new thread in the 'Reader's MTB' section of the forum. It'll probably get overlooked here as this is someone else's build thread.
Be careful of the For Sale section - any spare cash you have will soon disappear!

Great project, look forward to seeing it progress.

If you need anything, I have a few parts to sell which were surplus from my build, canti's, pedals and a bottom bracket 👍

Great project, look forward to seeing it progress.

If you need anything, I have a few parts to sell which were surplus from my build, canti's, pedals and a bottom bracket 👍
Yep, I need a 124 mm bottom bracket, maybe pedals and have find a cassette to work with bullet shifters and a Hope Ti Glide rear wheel with a Shimano free hub......or find a Campag rear wheel.

Back