*** 1990 Brodie Catalyst Build From The Pro's Closet ***

HEY!!! that's my bike. :)
nice to see an original in a similar colour scheme.
i'd change the stem and seatpost. neither belong. IMHO
but that's okay.
roy

Read your entire build Roy, impressive!

The IRD post, SRP Ti bolts and titanium handlbars (missing on this build) where part of a "Lightening Upgrade Kit" that Brodie offered aftermarket. Not sure on what the ti handlebars looked like exactly (can anyone help please?) but we are looking to bring it back to that build which includes this IRD post.

Stem.... as stated before. This is the correct slope for the stem, but the Salsa is playing as a "place holder" until the build is finished off with an original paint brodie stem to match.

Anything worth having takes time!

Thanks for the inspiring build thread Roy.

"Lightening Upgrade Kit" that Brodie offered aftermarket.............you don't say.
now that is something i'd like to read up on. you have any literature that mentions such a thing?
brochures, magazine ads. anyone ever heard of this option? might be a new direction for one of my builds. :xmas-wink:
jimbotoad if you're out there please chime in.
roy

Hey Roy,

I have read this in a couple places and would have to do some digging to pull up multiple references. The first one comes from a MBA Sept 91 review of a Brodie Sovereign, read "the parts that Paul Picks".

Hope that helps.

Nick

Excellent upgrade kit, not sure about Gator Back forks though. I really would prefer Gator Blades.

theproscloset":34khdmhk said:
Hey Roy,

I have read this in a couple places and would have to do some digging to pull up multiple references. The first one comes from a MBA Sept 91 review of a Brodie Sovereign, read "the parts that Paul Picks".

Hope that helps.

Nick
hi nick
thanks for that. learn something new every day. going to have to get me an ird seatpost now.
i too would be curious to know what ti handlebar was used. needing some frame work done in
the near future. could ask paul if he remembers what was spec'd.
thanks alot
roy

theproscloset":32ag04jz said:
BrodieCatalyst112213JL-1.jpg
very nice :D ...well done (it misses only a few black rings ;) )

Back