Sold 1989 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 20" £500 plus UK postage.

Hi wjboh.

Thanks for the question. So glad I decided to keep this one. It's one of my favourite riders....must admit, I'm a convert to the Steel Stumpjumper. It's a great riding bike...especially with a rigid fork.

In terms of paint, have a look through the build thread in the 1st post and the investigation work to find it's true identity.
Originally, the frame I'd purchased had been repainted white over the original white. Traces of the original 'gold tinted' white were evident on the steerer of the fork.
To keep the costs down, instead of a paintshop colour match, I used manufacturer colour paint swatches to get the nearest match. I did this as it makes it easier to buy pre mixed aerosols from ebay if you match to a manufacturer.
The nearest I found was Citroën Blanc pearle EFC. (It has a blueish tint) Finished with 2K lacquer.
The decals were from Velocals in the states. www.velocals.com - not cheap at £60 plus ship and taxes but they are screen printed on clear and you can select custom colour ways.

Hope this helps.

boy"O"boy
Thanks boy”O”boy for your thorough response! How did you go about matching manufacturer swatches?

Decided to put this back up for Sale.

Edited 1st post type bump.

Willing to post. Can also deliver FOC Leicestershire/ Warwickshire areas. Message me 1st though please.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

I am sure this has gone to a good home, its a great build, if it were slightly smaller I would of had it....would of been a great wall hanger/conversation piece....however it begs to be ridden I think

Back