1989 Brodie Romax

Re: Another Brodie Romax has surfaced :)

This is going to be pretty special Jim

Re: Another Brodie Romax has surfaced :)

:cool: loving that paint

Re:

Talkin about the Brodie family love and Romax bikes, I rode my '89 Romax to an awesome little Sushi place in the little ex-Salmon fishing village of Steveston (Richmond, BC) to meet a friend for lunch today, and as I was coming out of the washroom heading back toward my table this weathered and somewhat scruffy looking dude (I figured he was one of the last remaining fisherman of olde still around) asks my if "that was my Brodie outside?" ...

Well, I tell him yes and ask him why he was asking, and he says to me "Well, my name is Steve Dye (spelling?) and I used to work with Paul Brodie back in the late eighties/early nineties building those bikes, back when his shop was still on Beckwith Road in Richmond" ...

Well Caladonia howdoyoulikethat!! Anyway, I chat with him for a few minutes about bikes and gator-blade forks and stuff, and off I go back to join my friend at our table, only to wave good-bye to Steve as he then leaves a short while later and waves and smiles back ... and stupid me didn't ask the dude for a contact number or something before he departed!

Didn't strike me as important at the time, but now that I think about it ... it would have been great to have a coffee with the fellow and find out more at a future time ...

alas, so be it. Small world, really ...

Back