1989 Brodie Romax

Re: Re:

k-rod":1x4shokk said:
:p here in the west, we know a good thing when we see it :p

This is true ... but every now and then we smuggle a few things outta the Wild West ;)

jimi911":2jbld8vw said:
mechagouki":2jbld8vw said:
Is the other one you're after the splatter paint one that gets used as a shopping bike in Leslieville? seen it locked up outside the Lakeshore Loblaws a couple of times.

That's the one! It's been spotted by a few here. I've talked to the owners partner about it and she really doesn't want to sell it. It's probably been used almost everyday of it's 25+ year life so she's pretty attached to it. It be a serious project ... I've seen it up close.

I have seen a total of 5 Romaxs (Romaxes?) in the GTA
- that local commuter
- the dirt drop/ripe pipe one
- this one
- shutter's one from Ottawa which I believe is for sale.
- one once at Bisegal modified as a track or circle racer.

Not many make it east.

I've seen a different one around Yonge/St.Clair area, very, very rough, years ago though. I have a pic of the Leslieville bike, taken some years ago, couldn't quite believe it when I saw it. Think that entrance was still to the big movie rental place (Jumbo?)at the time, before the makeover anyway.

romaxsighting.jpg

Re: Another Brodie Romax has surfaced :)

Great score Jimi! Can't wait to see what you decide to do with it...

Re:

mechagouki":m1vrpfsh said:
jimi911":m1vrpfsh said:
mechagouki":m1vrpfsh said:
Is the other one you're after the splatter paint one that gets used as a shopping bike in Leslieville? seen it locked up outside the Lakeshore Loblaws a couple of times.

That's the one! It's been spotted by a few here. I've talked to the owners partner about it and she really doesn't want to sell it. It's probably been used almost everyday of it's 25+ year life so she's pretty attached to it. It be a serious project ... I've seen it up close.

I have seen a total of 5 Romaxs (Romaxes?) in the GTA
- that local commuter
- the dirt drop/ripe pipe one
- this one
- shutter's one from Ottawa which I believe is for sale.
- one once at Bisegal modified as a track or circle racer.

Not many make it east.

I've seen a different one around Yonge/St.Clair area, very, very rough, years ago though. I have a pic of the Leslieville bike, taken some years ago, couldn't quite believe it when I saw it. Think that entrance was still to the big movie rental place (Jumbo?)at the time, before the makeover anyway.

romaxsighting.jpg

That's the one. The drive side chainstay looked scary when I saw it and the seatpost has been stuck and cut out at least once that the owner could remember. Totally a worthy project for whoever finally lands it, but it will be more work then this one even.

shamobius":m1vrpfsh said:
Great score Jimi! Can't wait to see what you decide to do with it...

Thanks! Pretty excited about it. I'll likely have to wait til the spring to do anything. I talked to Paul about doing the work on it but he's pretty busy til the thaw. Malcolm here in TO could probably do the job to. If I can stay patient (not a skill I have) I'll send ito Paul as It's likely headed west anyway to Toxic for paint ... I'll need time to think of a colour(s). Thinking fade today.

Re:

Its interesting what can lie beneath the paint, here's a example on a Romax where you can see the original braze on for the under chain stay U brake, and then at some point possibly before it even left the factory they were changed to seat stay.

Nice find Jimi! I'm also trying to decide on paint for a couple Romax's, not a big fan of repainting, but they had already been altered by the time I got them.

Attachments

• roma1.jpg
    roma1.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 1,397
  • brodieroma1.jpg
    brodieroma1.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,396
Re:

dillbike":1vgqsusw said:
Its interesting what can lie beneath the paint, here's a example on a Romax where you can see the original braze on for the under chain stay U brake, and then at some point possibly before it even left the factory they were changed to seat stay.

Nice find Jimi! I'm also trying to decide on paint for a couple Romax's, not a big fan of repainting, but they had already been altered by the time I got them.

A couple!!!! Man - took me forever to get one ;)

I gotta get to stripping the bike. Sorta worried it will ruin my buzz and I'll find some epoxy dent fill ... Marinoni did that sometimes. Positive thoughts ... positive thoughts.

I'm a fan of a good repaint - especially when you can do it guilt free. Opens up lots of possibilities to make the bike you always wanted.

Re:

Slow progress from my frame guy but I managed to track down one of these. These things are like hens teeth everywhere but the west coast where I think they grow on trees and people use them to stir their coffees.

dillbike":1yuxt0o5 said:

Just have Toxic Harald do the re-spray ... and it'll be almost like having an original work anyway (maybe even better!).

Re: Another Brodie Romax has surfaced :)

I'm either going Toxic or velocolour in Toronto for the paint. I've gotta get the frame modded first. That's always the issue here.

Latest posts

Back