1988 Saracen Trekker - Project - UU Racer

Looks absolutely fresh (like a newer posher bike) with that new paint job, amazing? What was the inspiration?

Mine is still here in a box with no components, been weighing up patina vs new paint, hmmm :cool:

Nice selection of goodies on there too, I'd love some window XT levers!
Won't be able to match that kit, expect a nicely contrasting build from me. :)

PS, do you know the seatpost size? 26.8 / 26.4? (cheers)

reanimation":38q2tavl said:
Looks absolutely fresh (like a newer posher bike) with that new paint job, amazing? What was the inspiration?

Mine is still here in a box with no components, been weighing up patina vs new paint, hmmm :cool:

Nice selection of goodies on there too, I'd love some window XT levers!
Won't be able to match that kit, expect a nicely contrasting build from me. :)

PS, do you know the seatpost size? 26.8 / 26.4? (cheers)

:LOL: I wanted a red and green combintation which was from a 91 Saracen Trekker Comp , but I twisted it slightly with silver to red fade, The red was a more cherry red on the original but Candy red was an easy choice for me with my sweet tooth :LOL: The metal flake was a no brainer IMO.

I too have been after a set of XT window brakes for a while but am not a fan of sti's and when these came up for sale with the sti mounts removed it was the icing on the cake for me :LOL:

Im not sure on seatpost size yet , I will let you know as my other bikes have 26.8 and .26.4.

Cheers

GM

This is looking pretty darn good mate. You're Mr cool with 2 double u-brake bike's :cool:

Its been a while, but the time seems fitting to bump this one up, I have fitted all the necessary bits n bobs , Its still un-named but hopefully we can get that started in the MM thread :cool: The Decals are being worked on as we speak.

I have used a mix of XT and DX for the build, I have an XT U brake under chainstay which is complemented with the customary shark tooth :cool: Up front you will find another U brake (deore II) with UII brace. Levers are XT servo waves with the little windows and Thumbies, nothing else will do IMO :LOL: There is also an XT Biopace thrown in for good measure.

Here it be :)

026-4.jpg

032-3.jpg

031-2.jpg

030-4.jpg

028-3.jpg

027-6.jpg

033-4.jpg

034-2.jpg

You've done that proud mate!
What a differerence from when it arrived at my place...
DSC00887.jpg

Looking forward to having a spin on this at MM :D

What a nice finish, fresh and original, while retro and going with the grain, love the Shark tooth, my stash of parts are looking like a poor relation now. Keep us posted. :)

Reanimation what is the progress on yours?

Yep, that's looking super mint now. The paintwork looks so impressive. When are you expecting the decals as that will really finish it off.

Cheers for the kind words guys :cool:

Decals have been scanned from my 89 Trekker and will have a little twist with the name once one has been decided, go on Coomber throw some names in to the hat ;)

Makster will choose the name form the suggestions (cant be anything offensive) as my two boys will be at mayhem :LOL:

maybe I will start a name thread in the bikes section soon :)

So it is a Saracen xxxxxxxxx and we need to suggest the other? Sorry, its Friday and I am being thick.

This could be a fun game. Open it up to the masses!

Latest posts

Back