1988 Saracen Trekker - Project - UU Racer

I've just picked up an 89 Trekker that I was going to build for next year's Mayhem effort, I'll be interested to see how yours turns out. Good luck with the build!

Mine's cantis, I'm fully expecting loads of rain and mud after this year's ideal double U brake conditions

Wu-Tangled":mxvacry4 said:
my second mtb. Loved it. Aquarius Blue. Got the MBUK test somewhere. :cool:

How cool :cool: It wont be blue soon ;) You will have to re-live you youth and ride a lap on it next year then

Jason says you should name it Annabel Chong cause she was ridden by loads of men in 24 hrs :LOL:

Slight update as you can see :D

It has been powdercoated with a silver fade into candyred, It has a metal flake lacquer that finishes it off just nicely. I have has the fork done in a green with metal flake lacquer and had a stem and bars done to match.

I will get building it soon as I have a little pile of stuff waiting to get built onto the beasty.

004-7.jpg

006-4.jpg

008-6.jpg
009-4.jpg

007-4.jpg

011-5.jpg

I used to think U-brakes were the height of coolness as they were on every highend bike I saw in the mid to late 80's and when I got my Holdsworth I was chuffed I had joined the elite group.
That is one lairy paint job, not shy or retiring at all.
If it was me I would be going for a full DeoreII set up to give the flavour of the original but the benefits of Hyperglide, 21 speed and 2 finger levers.

Carl.

Back