Picking up a 93 Saracen Trekker on Friday, Can't Find it in the Catalogue.

baldyonabike

Devout Dirtbag
Hi folks, I am picking up a 93 Trekker on Saturday. It'll need something doing to the fork ( I may get new elastomers, I may replace the fork, either is possible ) but I am quite excited to find a nice small one.
Thing is, is there a page missing from the Saracen 93 Catalogue scan? I went to the file looking for the page for the trekker and it's not there. The pages go straight from the Tufftrax ( Altus ) to the Traverse ( Deore LX) and the Trekker is fitted with Exage, so I assume it fits between the two. Was the Trekker a late addition after the catalogue was printed? It seems odd to have a big gap in the range like that.
I am in no way complaining about the possible missing page, just making an observation.

Cheers
BOAB

It certainly was a stock model so strange it's not in the scan? Fork wise I'd bin the originals if they are the Saracen ones (Max-Fork or something like that?) as they were mince back then. From memory the better bikes that year came with Rockshox Quadra or Pace RC35's?

I am glad I am not hallucinating about it being a 93 model - I know that I have seen a few now and all of them fitted with 93 Exage. Indeed that year, you could get the base Saracen Max Drive fork in either Chromo or Alu flavours, a Tange sus fork, RS Quadras or RC 35s. I can remember going to Bicycleexpo and being knocked out by Saracen's 93 range and deciding that I needed a Traverse Elite because if nothing else, it was the best colour I had ever seen. As it happened my then current bike was nicked just before Christmas and I was going to wait for the TE as a replacement but no one had any in stock and various dealers told me that there was no sign of stock arriving any time soon so I ended up buying a Kona.

As far as the fork goes I think I'll keep an eye out for an RC 35 for it. Obviously I'll be posting a thread about it - I am quite excited. I know it's only entry to low mid range but there's something about that year's Saracens that really peels my banana.

And I get really excited when I find a bike that's small enough for me. ( The one I am picking up is a 15.) You normally see 17 - 19s and while I can get away with a 17 /18 a 15 is ideal.

I don't suppose anyone has the actual spec sheet for a 93 Trekker Elite?

Thanks BOAB

Back