1987/8/9? Mountain Klein build thread

That looks really nice, what's the stem?

Mine is still on hold, drops are still the plan but struggling to decide on the rest of the build, definitely not going to use the Mavic group, would like something more period correct that would suit the Roller cams, but then again part of me just wants to raid the parts bin and get it rolling.

Also wavering on the finish, tempted to try to do that myself whether polished or painted, although raw aluminium still appeals, it just seems a shame to have this blank canvas and do nothing with it.

We'll see.
a)
b)
yeah go for it - it rolls great in any situ..

c)raw is still underrated and great - just keep telling yourself its not a steel frame :D

Thanks for the link, fantastic repro stems!!! Are you in contact with the maker? Is he still doing this?

I agree about raw, I just have this itch to paint a frame, although I do have others in the pipeline that might be better for that.

Thanks for the link, fantastic repro stems!!! Are you in contact with the maker? Is he still doing this?

I agree about raw, I just have this itch to paint a frame, although I do have others in the pipeline that might be better for that.
see page 2 of the thread, its a very current project and will go on as far as things are expected....

Back