1986 Bob Jackson 531c, finished ! !

Re:

Thanks Neil,

I'll look that up!

If anyone want to do swaps with newer Ultegra bits, then let me know please

Mike

Re: Bob Jackson 531c

Arabesque is really nice gear. I have been picking up a few bits and pieces over time so have been toying with building the Tack Taylor with it when it goes back together. Though I was given a set of Mafac Racer brakes this week, and they look so nice polished up :) Anyway, good choice and will look smart, especially on the Bob Jackson.
Look forward to watching this progress.
Will keep my eyes open for anything I see for sale mate and let you know.

Jamie

Re:

Thanks Jamie,

Is there a thread on your bike build? Now I have a plan coming together!

Not sure how Jackson's will take to putting older font decals - that I hope to buy on e-bay I imagine - on a frame they're re-spraying, but we'll see. They don't offer the older style.

Mike

Hi mate, I think I did start a thread when I got it and then posted about stripping it etc as it was a proper barn find, or chicken shed find.
I was looking about getting the build seriously into gear the other week, but unfortunately it will be ticking along as and when as I had an accident in my car last weekend and it was written off. It is our run around but the insurance didn't exactly give me much so builds are not the priority at the moment. Though I always keep my eyes open for parts :)
Temporary setback

Jamie

Re:

I'll second Arabesque as a fine choice, that is what is going on my - being - refurbished early Roberts frameset. The Roberts originally had a first gen' DA set in black but removed when bicycle was stolen: I know it was removed as the frame (only) was returned to me several years later !!!

Rk.

Jamiedyer":2hfpgqsj said:
Hi mate, I think I did start a thread when I got it and then posted about stripping it etc as it was a proper barn find, or chicken shed find.
I was looking about getting the build seriously into gear the other week, but unfortunately it will be ticking along as and when as I had an accident in my car last weekend and it was written off. It is our run around but the insurance didn't exactly give me much so builds are not the priority at the moment. Though I always keep my eyes open for parts :)
Temporary setback

Jamie

Crikey! Sorry to hear that Jamie! :shock: Hope none of you were hurt.

Mike

No, no, everyone was fine, thanks for asking.
There was just me and on the drive into town last Saturday there was a bit of a queue on the opposite side of the road on a long straight section so the couple of cars on my side started naturally slowing, I had a tractor turn just as I went past and gave it a glance and when I turned round the old lady that was a good distance in front had for some reason, decided to come to a dead stop. the car in front of her had stopped but she only did so for a second and the lady in front of me stopped about 6 or more car spaces behind. We were all slowing down anyway but with her just stopping I went straight into the back of her. My old Meriva just took the brunt, pushed my bumper in, bent my bonnet and crumpled my radiator. Not hard at all, as no airbags or anything went off and her car had a small dent on the boot. That was enough to write mine off.
Just one of those things really, life etc. At least I have been getting a few miles on my bike as it's a 26 mile round trip to work each day :) Glass half full and all that .

Jamie

Re:

Now confirmed with Donald, the frameset was built in 1986.

Mike

Back