1986 Bob Jackson 531c, finished ! !

Re:

Yes it will Neil, once I've worked out how to mount the brakes.

Re: Bob Jackson 531c

Hi mate
That looks like a very nice project. Was this the one on Ebay recently?
It will look nice with a fresh coat of paint, so what colour were you thinking as it sounds like you have a very specific idea, judging by what you want with brakes and removing the mudguard eyes etc.
Jamie

Re:

I don't know if it was on eBay, I bought it on here, Jamie.
Regarding the brake recesses, I could use the front brake on the back, and use a conventional nut to secure it at the back. I would still have the problem with the forks though. It would be easy to drill out the back of the fork crown, but one recessed and one nutted would look odd. Then I'd also need another caliper bolt for it! Really hoping I can get the seat stay bride one drilled out, or I'd be looking for older calipers. An older groupset would be the ideal, but I want to use the tricolour Ultegra from the Bianchi. It's all a straight fit, bar the calipers. Seatpost is the same size I think, too. As for colour, I do have something specific in mind, with only half matching bar tape! An ITM 400 stem in 130mm would be handy, too. Hunting for one at present. Would look more fitting than the Eclypse I have.

Mike

Re:

Just noticed, there is a side pull version of Ultegra 600 brakes, that are i believe nut fitment. May have to get a pair of those instead, if the man from Jackson says 'No!'
Recessed would be more in keeping though.

Mike

Re: Re:

NeilM":1zlcry8u said:
Some of the modern Dia Compe brakes are nut fitting, and not expensive either.

That's interesting, I'll see what they look like, cheers Neil!
The Ult 600 ones are on Hilary Stone's website, but not cheap! Bike jumble coming up soon, see what emerges maybe.

Mike

Back