1986 Bob Jackson 531c, finished ! !

Re: Re:

enc":3lzktwjq said:
Mike Muz 67":3lzktwjq said:
Finished today, I couldn't be bothered waiting for white gear cable, so I used black. Hope you like the finished bike! I do.

IMG_1778 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1777 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1779 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Mike

have you removed the pictures mike ? the link isnt working for me :?

No I haven't done anything to the photos. I love the bike, a proper summer best. Well, one of them !

Mike

PeachyPM":4rq3ifdu said:
Just reading through a few ‘readers rides’ whilst waiting for the hangover hoard to arise.... enjoyed this one Mike.

Thank you. It's a great bike, albeit still getting used to toeclips!

Mike

Mike

I‘ve just discovered your thread whilst researching colours for my upcoming frame respray by Bob Jackson Cycles. I’d never in a million years have picked Flamboyant Burgundy based on the colour swatch image on the BJ website: it looks like chestnut brown on there! But having seen your photos, I’m completely sold. It looks fantastic.

Can I just double check, it is Flamboyant Burgundy isn’t it?

Kind regards

Scrunch":31h7wqxu said:
Mike

I‘ve just discovered your thread whilst researching colours for my upcoming frame respray by Bob Jackson Cycles. I’d never in a million years have picked Flamboyant Burgundy based on the colour swatch image on the BJ website: it looks like chestnut brown on there! But having seen your photos, I’m completely sold. It looks fantastic.

Can I just double check, it is Flamboyant Burgundy isn’t it?

Kind regards

Hi there, yes it is, with gold lug lining. Beautiful bike in my opinion. I may be biased though.
Apologies for the late reply

Muz

Thanks for the confirmation. The build quality of my 1989 Orbit America frame isn’t a match for your BJ, but at least the paint job will be! Flamboyant Red and gold lugs it is!
Scrunch

Re:

The frame was pretty ropey when I got it, but it turned out nicely. They do a great job and are accurate with timescale and customer service generally can't be faulted.

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz":vaqmn2ci said:
They do a great job and are accurate with timescale and customer service generally can't be faulted.
Mike

They’d only had the frame a day or two at most and they’d already phoned me 3 times to report their findings on various issues I’d asked them to look at and had already had it on a jig and straightened the rear triangle. Great customer service. Just wish I was local as I’d love to watch them at work!

Latest posts

Back