1980s Muddy Fox Courier

Love the jig for wheelbuilding. One of the things I need to acquire.
It’s a Cinelli wheel jig from before it was a hipster thing (Cinelli not wheel jigs!)think it was about £15 from a car boot. It’s not a great jig to be honest, I use it to get spokes tightened up within the range of the dial indicator then just use the dial indicator on a mag base for the fine tuning (also a boot sale bargain!).

That´s shiny enough for me! Looks like you were able to save most of the original equipment?
Yep, apart from the cable inners/outers, the rusty spokes and the chain. I did have another identical bike with a shot frame which I used the best of both bikes to build this one. Still got enough left to build another albeit those parts will take more refurbishing than the ones on this.

I find it really strange that I´m now attracted to these more oldschool looking bikes. Back then the grandpa driving position, long wheelbase and skinwalls made them so uncool in my eyes. Maybe my back is telling my brain what to like now🤨

I find it really strange that I´m now attracted to these more oldschool looking bikes. Back then the grandpa driving position, long wheelbase and skinwalls made them so uncool in my eyes. Maybe my back is telling my brain what to like now🤨
I’m with you on that - I was still riding a BMX when this bike came out and would have had zero appreciation of it. When I was first in to MTB getting rid of the skinwalls would have been the first job!
Bullmoose bars would also have been a huge flag that would mark out a bike as “old fashioned” and undesirable to me whereas now if I see them I know it’s probably going to be interesting.

I’ve no doubt that the education I’ve received on here has given me a much greater appreciation of the earlier stuff.

Back