1973 Condor Superbe Original Paint Value

Very nice. Quite large frame, 25 inch? I recently tried to sell a complete Superbe from the early 60's by WBH for £1500 quid and had no interest whatsoever. Actually one 'expert' phoned to say that the gearing would not work but it seemed to get up Box Hill ok. I presume it is by Vic Edwards. £400-600? Should be more but there doesn't seem to be much interest in these sort of frames now. Which is a shame as I have a shedful.

Unfortunately it's not a good time for selling. Most stuff with realistic values just isn't shifting. If you just want to move it on you may end up having to discount or wait until better times or bide your time until that one buyer comes along

Just trying to manage your expectations

Very nice. Quite large frame, 25 inch? I recently tried to sell a complete Superbe from the early 60's by WBH for £1500 quid and had no interest whatsoever. Actually one 'expert' phoned to say that the gearing would not work but it seemed to get up Box Hill ok. I presume it is by Vic Edwards. £400-600? Should be more but there doesn't seem to be much interest in these sort of frames now. Which is a shame as I have a shedful.
What do you have in 61-63?

Unfortunately it's not a good time for selling. Most stuff with realistic values just isn't shifting. If you just want to move it on you may end up having to discount or wait until better times or bide your time until that one buyer comes along

Just trying to manage your expectations
I am not selling I am looking to buy.

Lovely and my size, if you decide to pass please let me know sellers details, presume if it was by WBH it would have a H painted on the seat stay eyes and if it was by Vic Edwards a V would be at the start of the serial number?

Lovely and my size, if you decide to pass please let me know sellers details, presume if it was by WBH it would have a H painted on the seat stay eyes and if it was by Vic Edwards a V would be at the start of the serial number?
Interesting that this one has the serial number stamped onto the Campagnolo dropout, and no V.

Interesting that this one has the serial number stamped onto the Campagnolo dropout, and no V.
My early 70’s Condor Italia also has the serial number stamped on the dropouts, no V but I have seen examples of Vic Edwards Condors from the early 70’s online.
Oddly on mine rear dropouts are Zeus and front campag but serial numbers match on the steerer tube, not sure if it was common to mix dropout manufacturers back in the day.
When I did my research some uncertainty as to how long Bill Hurlow built for Condor and I don’t know if he always puts an H on the seatstay eyes. Tom Board was also mentioned to me as another builder but not quite sure when he started working for Condor.

Back