1970? Claud Butler Electron Super Five

Re: Re:

Goldie":1ttwmajw said:
Thanks Mike. That's your old Valentino Extra swapping the cogs of course!

That was on my Corsa of the same period,pretty sure it was standard fitment on Carlton Corsa models of this era. (c1971)

That Electron is looking just as lovely as it when you first posted it :)
Can it really be that long ago?

Jamie

Re:

New boots on the Electron, and a little beauty of a morning ride on Saturday. It looks like the miniature summer is over now, but it was beautiful while it lasted.

46322332215_5de0834a4e_z.jpg

46322330945_69e321ca37_z.jpg

33340841638_32270a7b0a_z.jpg

Hello Goldie, out of interest, what frame number does she have?

PeachyPM":xexa6fpi said:

Easy bit first. I’ve got another Claud frame in the loft. It’s a Super Coureur in marine blue lustre, with black head tube and seat tube panel. It’s frame number is a nice, clearly stamped 4442.

The Electron is a bit more difficult. The first three figures are clear. They’re 546. Then there’s what might be another 4, or a 2 or a 7 (my guess would be a 4, but it’s inpssible to be certain - the stamp has only left a part impression, and the BB shell has been painted on the underside with quite thick paint). And then I think an 8 to finish with. How does that fit into the sequencing of other CB frames? I think the frame is from the 1968 model year - the equipment matches the catalogue for that year (Valentino Extra mech, unbranded chrome chain set replacing the Williams on the year before’s model).

Goldie":yl13i5hm said:
PeachyPM":yl13i5hm said:

Easy bit first. I’ve got another Claud frame in the loft. It’s a Super Coureur in marine blue lustre, with black head tube and seat tube panel. It’s frame number is a nice, clearly stamped 4442.

The Electron is a bit more difficult. The first three figures are clear. They’re 546. Then there’s what might be another 4, or a 2 or a 7 (my guess would be a 4, but it’s inpssible to be certain - the stamp has only left a part impression, and the BB shell has been painted on the underside with quite thick paint). And then I think an 8 to finish with. How does that fit into the sequencing of other CB frames? I think the frame is from the 1968 model year - the equipment matches the catalogue for that year (Valentino Extra mech, unbranded chrome chain set replacing the Williams on the year before’s model).

Something me and CBguy have been working on, early days as we only have a few numbers to 'hang' specific dates on and these predictions may be 6 months to a year either way, but I'd put your Super Coureur down as a 1960 model (pictures of course would help confirm this as the Super Coureur details change slightly over the years) and your Electron is most likely from 1969.

Attachments

• 59-76 snip.JPG
    59-76 snip.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 253
Re:

Here's that maddeningly indistinct number on the BB shell of the Electron. I keep meaning to take the forks out, but end up riding it instead.

47407094711_ed74df34cf_z.jpg

Back