1965 holdsworth rolling rebuild

Thanks for the comments, i am chuffed to bits with what you think. I am waiting for a brown brooks saddle at the moment. I also have a pair of record hubs and I am watching for a pair of 27 inch rims which I ll put continentals 27 x 11/8 tyres on. After that I think I may be done unless some brake levers take my eye.

That is a really lovely bike.

I agree withe the suggestions about a Brooks saddle - my choice would however be a B17 Team Pro - and I would like to see the bike with quill pedals - Campognolo preferably but failing that, Suntour Superbes.

Wonderful - lucky rider.

Attachments

• Campy quills.png
    Campy quills.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 492
Yes pedals are on the list too, nice quills with toe clips with the leather over the front, I ll need to get the relevant shoes too.

That's a beauty, just needs some mudguards and the aforementioned Brooks or similar saddle. It's not often I think of those type of saddles to put on a bike but nothing else would suit this bike - a dark colour though.

Mark.

I have been looking at a swallow in a brown colour, hopefully my important parts will be able to get on with it as I have never used one before.

I think a nice black brooks team pro with big beaten copper rivets would be the saddle for this bike, with few miles on it it would shape up nice

Back