1964 Carlton Corsa-Strada

I had a Corsa Strada as a teenager in the late 1960's. Think mine was more a metallic brown-ish colour & had 5 speed Benelux gears. Bought second hand for £12 from Brants in St Marychurch, Torquay & sold in July 1969 for £11 to fund my 1st year's motorcycle insurance. Crazy old bike shop, selling & repairing t.v's as well as bikes as I recall.

Well this deal has gone t*ts up.

The seller had agreed a price and we had a meeting set up for an exhange... it seems no one of his sons, previously not interested in the bike one iota has begged to have it. the owner has told me he will see if the bike is used or just 'stored' if he is doing nowt with it the owner will offer to me again. The seller pulled out at the last minute, I'm somewhat upset about this... yoiu never know I may still get this one. :(

How annoying.

Let's hope sonny-boy isn't planning to rattle-can it flourescent orange and make it into a fixie.
Although these days the yoof seem to be getting more into proper vintage bikes, certainly judging by
the Retro Ronde the other week.

A similar thing happened to me. I made an appointment to see a nice frame last Thursday then the seller contacted me to cancel, saying he had another appointment for the Sunday after, but he'd forgotten about it. I suppose that could be seen as fair enough - the other guy had made the appointment first. Still frustrating though.

Good luck anyway, it's a lovely thing.

Back