1960's Falcon San Remo

Southcoast":2mdzgv6s said:
Good looking bike. This one sold recently on eBay and has similar lugs, see link below.
Nice collection you have, I’ve only got two Falcons. Lol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-vint ... 7675.l2557

Bloody ebay and their insistence on trying to sell me something vaguely close to the item I'm looking for when it's sold, follow the link and you get a blue suspension mountain bike frame, its blue and a bike frame I suppose but not really the same or the thing I was looking for.

Anyway doing a search using the title from the link I found it and that's a nicer one than mine I reckon, same lugs but mines never had any chrome on it apart from the bottom of the forks, my forks are not sloping crown and the rear stays wrap over on that ones a lot nicer than mine. I'm thinking mines quite a bit earlier but being Falcon who knows.

And as I have five does that count as a flock of Falcons?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Well the good news is that it looks like they made the San Remo with those lugs. Even if the Falcon on eBay is higher up the pecking order.
A flock of Falcons lol.

Bigger flock of Falcons in blue with red head tubes lol

DHorton.jpg

I really want a repro jersey to go with it now. And I did think about doing the head tube in red but decided against it in the end.

I've never come across a repro Falcon Jersey, I've got one from the mid 70's in the wardrobe but I was a lot smaller then lol. Plus it's been nibbled by mice when it was in a box in the garage!!

Southcoast":1a8dq3mg said:
There is a Falcon jersey on eBay, looks more eighties though and has a few small holes in it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/falcon-origi ... =R40&rt=nc
Yes seen that one but I think it's way too new. There have been a good few repro ones done (I've even got a Chris Barber Sun one somewhere) so hopefully someone will do a Falcon one at some point.

Midlife":1a8dq3mg said:
I've never come across a repro Falcon Jersey, I've got one from the mid 70's in the wardrobe but I was a lot smaller then lol. Plus it's been nibbled by mice when it was in a box in the garage!!
And yes Midlife originals would probably all be a bit snug for me as well now.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Southcoast":1wbyvk93 said:
How’s the bike going, have you put many miles on it yet?

Minimal sadly, I've managed a shakedown ride on it round the block but have had family staying for the last couple of weeks and have not been in the office enough to commute, so miles on anything have been limited for a few weeks. I can feel the need for the wife to start ironing my t-shirts over a wok growing as we speak.

Got this one out for a spin down to the seafront with our lass on Good Friday so. It's a nice thing to ride but a little smaller than I usually like.

Attachments

• Falcon 5.JPG
    Falcon 5.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 280
Back