130 or 135mm dropouts

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":1fymehww said:
I wouldn't personally do it if it's a frame you like.

I did it to my Ti
My spacing with the wheel removed is something like 133.8mm. Admittedly we had to bend the disc mount ever so slightly, but 3 years down the line nothing caused any problems.

See to be honest on steel. You can cut through all the bridges and bend it out for a 500mm hub :LOL:

Never done it and unlikely to but how do you ensure the stays are bent symmetrically?
Do you bend each one in turn by 2.5 mm?

16vGTI":2xczrksh said:
Thanks for the replies. I wanted to know as there was a hub ending on ebay I was interested in and I wasn't able to do any measuring earlier. I would always fit the correct size for the frame.

I've just measured the rear wheel & it is 130mm O.L.D

I have a 130 M732 XT axle/spindle with cones, and a skewer, never been ridden, if you're in need. Bought NOS 130 hub last month but swapped out the axle for a NOS 135.

02gf74":371qkivt said:
Never done it and unlikely to but how do you ensure the stays are bent symmetrically?
Do you bend each one in turn by 2.5 mm?

When I've done this in past the stays flexed-they didn't bend permanently and they were symmetrical all on their own!
Kes

Re:

My 88 Hardrock was 130mm , i think swopped the axle but you might get away with taking out a washer on each side ?
Paul

if you take any washers out you still have to trim the axle otherwise the qr wont fit, the axle will sit proud of the dropout.

legrandefromage":348gmmft said:
if you take any washers out you still have to trim the axle otherwise the qr wont fit, the axle will sit proud of the dropout.
Yes true , unless its a very thick dropout , :LOL:

Latest posts

Back