11ANTS ANTilope *Rohloff, Beltdrive, Tiatnium 29er*

letmetalktomark":3m0flehk said:
29er+ & Pinion = Sweet

Another lovely build.

I actually prefer the aesthetics of this over the Lefty version.

One day ......

One day for you maybe :( Thats well beyond my price but id add it to the loved list if i could afford it.

Those internal geared hubs do weigh a lot though, really makes for a heavy arsed bike. :?

dyna-ti":19zerzsj said:
letmetalktomark":19zerzsj said:
29er+ & Pinion = Sweet

Another lovely build.

I actually prefer the aesthetics of this over the Lefty version.

One day ......

One day for you maybe :( Thats well beyond my price but id add it to the loved list if i could afford it.

Those internal geared hubs do weigh a lot though, really makes for a heavy arsed bike. :?

10,3 kg for this one we built ...... and again, after a week you get used to the weight distribution.

yo-eddy":1jreygqw said:
dyna-ti":1jreygqw said:

10,3 kg for this one we built ...... and again, after a week you get used to the weight distribution.

Thats the thing i was wondering. No derogatory intentions :D
I suppose the weight lost from the middle of the bike wouldnt be that great its just when you pick one up the rear is noticeably heavier than anything im used to. With all that weight in the hub its transferring all the time to the rim,especially offroad have you found the rim to be suffering any. :?

dyna-ti":36h8bq09 said:
yo-eddy":36h8bq09 said:
dyna-ti":36h8bq09 said:

Thats the thing i was wondering. No derogatory intentions :D
I suppose the weight lost from the middle of the bike wouldnt be that great its just when you pick one up the rear is noticeably heavier than anything im used to. With all that weight in the hub its transferring all the time to the rim,especially offroad have you found the rim to be suffering any. :?

Actually when you lift a Rohloff bike in the middle it's better balanced than most other bikes .... ofcourse that's not something most peolple are used to so the focus goes to the heavier rear end .... again, one week of riding and it flies over the trail like anything else ....and no, the rim doesn't suffer from that extra weight at all (rider weight is a much bigger factor ;) )....

Here a pic of a ( very talented) rider after less than one hour on our Medium testbike (no experience with Rohloff ever before)

That's absolutely gorgeous and i'd have one tomorrow if i had the readies and if i'm honest i got the impression at the beggining of the thread that it looked well balanced ;) ..

Re:

Beautiful bikes and kudos to you for going your own way. That Pinion solution looks peachy.

I have tried the Rohloff and was not won over by it in my trusty Heckler. Different strokes for different folks as they say. Notably it was the rear suspension that I never got working as it should with the higher unsprung weight. That Pinion bike has the weight central and low, I like that, plus your choice of wheels.

I'd also love to hear your feedback on the XCite forks, how does it compare to the DT Swiss? I have been eyeing them up for a while, not yet pulled the trigger though. There's a review on the web where they tweaked the set-up after comments by the testers. I now wonder what the set-up now is like for the production forks.

Enjoy!!

Just a little update on the Pinion Bike, the 11ANTS tarANTula titanium ..... run 29" 29+ or Fat (max 4.0) in one bike, with the coolest drop-outs available ;) and a Pinion gearbox + belt

Now that looks great, prefer it as the fat bike as it just looks right to me, and the couplers are a nice touch for travel.

Re:

Damn, that's probably one of the most appealing bikes I've ever seen (head+heart). Modernity's never looked so good!

Back