Sorted 11-speed groupset parts, Shimano MTB crankset & more!

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Looking to switch to 1x11 for a gravel bike/MTB conversion (https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/carbon-full-sus-drop-bar-gravel-bike-experiment.462731) and I'm on the lookout for:

A set of 1x11 or 2x11 Shimano road STI levers for hydraulic brakes (if post mount brakes are fitted, all the better). I guess Ultegra, ideally.
An 11-42 Shimano cassette (SLX upwards) in decent condition - NOW SORTED
11-speed chain in VGC - NOW SORTED
A set of good Shimano MTB cranks (Hollowtech II type, SLX upwards) - NOW SORTED
A Shimano GRX RX812 rear mech - NOW SORTED
A short reach carbon drop bar (max 70mm) - NOW SORTED

Last edited:
Looking to switch to 1x11 for a gravel bike/MTB conversion (https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/carbon-full-sus-drop-bar-gravel-bike-experiment.462731) and I'm on the lookout for:

A set of 1x11 or 2x11 Shimano road STI levers for hydraulic brakes (if post mount brakes are fitted, all the better). I guess Ultegra, ideally.
An 11-42 Shimano cassette (SLX upwards) in decent condition, maybe a chain too or I'll get a new one.
A set of Shimano MTB cranks (Hollowtech II type, SLX upwards) that I can use with a single ring. 172.5 or 175mm
A GRX RX812 rear mech (42t max sprocket)
Possibly a decent flared/gravel handlebar
IMG_0282.jpeg

Shimano ST-RS685 (Ultegra level) levers with BR-RS785 post mount calipers any use to you? Cosmetically a little scrappy but fully functioning 2x11s STI mechanical/hydraulic levers.

F0FC278B-D096-496C-AC03-8AAC07543E0E.jpeg
73AD31BF-8CAD-48D4-B717-0EA39F165493.jpeg
23DAB78D-026B-42E3-B504-C6E7503D82A4.jpeg

How much would you be after for those? I'm not OP but may be interested if they're not!

Edit: and on the offchance you know, do you know the interoperability of those shifters with Shimano MTB/Gravel mechs?
Shimano ST-RS685 (Ultegra level) levers with BR-RS785 post mount calipers any use to you? Cosmetically a little scrappy but fully functioning 2x11s STI mechanical/hydraulic levers.

How much would you be after for those? I'm not OP but may be interested if they're not!

Edit: and on the offchance you know, do you know the interoperability of those shifters with Shimano MTB/Gravel mechs?
We’ll need to wait until the OP decides if he wants them. If not you can have dibs on them.

In terms of compatibility, they’ll work with 11s GRX gravel mechs but not their MTB mechs.

Back