10k run

Re:

i was 17 1/2 stone at chrimbo down to 15 8 and trained abit hoping to do it in 60 mins

That seems very reasonable. Well done with a steady weight loss. So many people do things too rapidly and don't sustain it. I used to do a 35 mile charity walk every year, and a group of us took to running it, and stopping for beers at pubs on the route. Insanely, we were right up amongst the fastest finishers. Just enjoy it, and well done for taking part in a very worthwhile cause.

Re:

well done the run and abit gutted as i did it in 1hr 12mins,i think the heat played a large part of that as it was 22 degrees and only 2 water stations at 2k and 7k
id like to say i enjoyed it and i probably will tom but for the mo in absolutely shattered

Re:

Think of it as a start. The great thing is you will improve every time. I bet you were not the slowest, so take it as the beginning steps towards times you would be happier with.

You wouldn't catch me out running in the sun we have today, even if I was fit for it!

Shabby to have so little provision for hydration too. I can't understand that in this day and age.

Re:

needed one at about 5k to be honest
i have run 10.3 k on my own in 63 mins on a straight run
the problem was some of the route was quite narrow and u got boxed in easier also was through the town too many corners lol
but i raised £220 for cancer research and thats all that matters

Back