my new (to me) muddy fox courier comp! update 26/06/11 page3

just clicked that ebay link, states the catalogue is "unread" i found that funny!! how would you know? :LOL: if it's still there when i get paid i'll probably get it.

jonnyboy666":3mlsrha3 said:
just clicked that ebay link, states the catalogue is "unread" i found that funny!! how would you know? :LOL: if it's still there when i get paid i'll probably get it.

The one that is sold is mine! He has 4 available so there should be one left when the money comes in! ;)

stumpjumper1990":r4hkhktm said:
jonnyboy666":r4hkhktm said:

The one that is sold is mine! He has 4 available so there should be one left when the money comes in! ;)

Dude get it scanned and on here so we can spread the knowledge :) . MF were early pioneers and a brand that like Saracan deserves to be returned to decent bikes and not the BSO trash that is turned out today.

Carl.

update as of today :D

stripped the bike down, came apart surprisingly easy :D stem wasn't seized, no stripped crank puller threads, seatpost wasn't stuck, the only thing that took a little persuading was the non drive side bottom bracket cup, but once clamped across the flats in my vice turned with very little effort :D

the b/b and headset were fully dead :( the left hand crank arm had a right hand pedal butchered into it which had ruined the thread :roll: but other than that most parts were serviceable (they are now going to the LGF cycle emporium :D )

i won't be doing much more on this for a while now, i am in the process of sourcing parts. also the frame needs painting, i am planning to drop it off at Argos in bristol when i collect my P7 frame in about 4 weeks

i have definitely decided to go down the suntour route as i haven't tried getting hold of this stuff since the early 90's and see it as a bit of a challenge.

already on the way are some suntour xc comp hubs/7 speed cassette and front mech. i have also found some xc pro hubs but i'm in the process of negotiations with these. also i have found 2 8speed NOS cassettes and 3 NOS suntour chains, again, all being negotiated as we speak.

i already have shifters and brake levers

so still looking for brakes and chainset and a rear mech but the money has run out till payday so will be calming down on the purchases for a while :(

here's couple of stripped pics :D

you can see how bad the fading really is now!! also i like the "muddy fox" on the stem. :D

Attachments

• framed!.jpg
    framed!.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,953
  • stem.jpg
    stem.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,953
I really like these mf's. My Pathfinder is currently relegated to commuting duties but an "upgrade" to full DX is on the cards at some point, its a great ride.

Will be great to see that green paint brought back to life.

the parts have started to arrive!! :D but it hasn't even left for the paint shop yet! :( it'll probably be a few weeks before it goes yet.

but here's a pic of what turned up in the post yesterday and today, and there is more on the way! :D

Oh and thanks to LGF for some bars!! :D :D

Attachments

• suntour xc comp.jpg
    suntour xc comp.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,895
I think that Microdrive is not period correct for 1990, also with such a long seat tube the MD rings are going to look very small!

Othewise, great bike, nice to see it being saved. Have many fond memories of these from BITD. :cool:

Back