Update..Cheque on way...got knocked off my bike

Re: watch pic

Neil":tp145omk said:
ernie":tp145omk said:
my poor watch.. :cry:
You could probably get that serviced - new glass and bezel fitted.

i have just bought the replacement yesterday on ebay, the crown is badly scuffed where the lug meets the strap, also ther glass "break" is getting bigger.

Did mention this to the solicitor and other items, just to get me back to what i had before £ 424.02 spent in 1 hour. Everything is like for like..i have not got a timex and claimed for a rolex :shock: , i am not kicking the arse out of it

Ernie ;)

silverclaws":2297xb2j said:
Neil":2297xb2j said:
Seikos are usually tough watches as well !

I have the Kinetic Sports 100, which is my second Seiko Sports 100 since the last one got stolen. I don't like battery watches, I do like automatics, so the kinetic is somewhere in between, currently, it has lasted eight years and is covered with dings and scratches, even the mineral glass on the front has a chip taken out of it.
I've been a fan of Seikos for some time - like their rough and ready, yet decently constructed 7S26 movement, and as for Kinetics, I have several, I've even got the induction charger for them.

What I would say, is the Kinetic movement is interesting, appeals to the geek in me, but truly is a solution looking for a problem.

In all the Kinetics bar the latest I've got, I've had to replace the capacitor (Seiko supply an upgraded part, which is really a Li-ion rechargable cell).

The idea of it, I guess from inception, had the downsides of a mechanical auto, with the flakeyness of some early component choices (ie the capacitors) which left you with a watch that didn't deliver on the "never needs a new battery" idea and also has the mechanical maintenance overheads of traditional mechanical automatics - perhaps more.

I've got one with a stuck generator mechanism - not sure if it would be easier to service a 7S26 mechanical auto.

All that said, though, I still think Kinetics are cool - they just don't make any real kind of sense.

And Seiko make some fine watch movements - and in some examples, some very fine watch movements.
Kinetics are noisy though,or is that the automatic function, that big weight that slings around under it's axis ?
The noise is the mechanics of the generator.

The 7S26 (like many other mechanical automatics) uses a similar oscillating weight, but has a different "system" of storing the energy (spring, rather than generator charing a capacitor or rechargable battery). Mechanical automatics don't make quite the same noise as Kinetics - there seems to be more gearing involved to generate the current.
I can do jewellery, but watches, I keep well clear of, though I have been offered the training in horology, I see it as useless regards the everything is electonic in watches
Only in quartz movements - and like the Kinetic, that's not all electronic.
and those that don't wear them, depend on their mobile phone for the correct time, perhaps more accurate rgan any watch can be.
Oddly, I find my mobiles the most unreliable, inaccurate time devices. The time is always creeping on them - and one of them has a gps chipset too - why on earth they can't keep themselves in sync with the network, I'll never know. Any that have had settings for it, I've always enabled, but the time seems awful in terms of either losing a bit or gaining a bit.

retrowagen1234":1pnrxr5n said:
ernie":1pnrxr5n said:
Hi all,
had a good sleep last night {3 bottles of hob goblin and packet of kettle crisps} :) :)

:

Haha, appart from the crisps. Thats exactly what got me to sleep last night... Cant be doing with that nytol stuff. Decided good ol booze is where its at ;)

Gonna have to lay off it for a couple of days tho.. Got a crate of spifire here thats waiting to be drunk lol....

Glad your ok btw. Got hit by a car as a lad and its not a nice thing... .
Hope it all keeps going smoothly with the claim side of things too. :)

Bud, at Lidl they are doing 5 for £5.00, bishops finger, spitfire and hob goblin :D :D .

Bargin ;)
Ernie ;)

P20":1tcsd67g said:
I would claim for everything. Take your bike to the LBS and get it assessed for everything, from gears, wheels,etc to frame allignment. If they can't say it definitely isn't bent, then you may be able to claim for a complete bike and kit. It might sound a bit extreme, but it wasn't your fault, but it is your inconvenience :evil:

Took my bike to Natural Cycles in plymouth..spoke to Trev the bike tech..topman :cool: { he has built up all 3 of my konas}..bike is "straight" and all as it should be

Thanks for the advice bud ;)

Ernie ;)

P20":3ae0jxup said:
I would claim for everything. Take your bike to the LBS and get it assessed for everything, from gears, wheels,etc to frame allignment. If they can't say it definitely isn't bent, then you may be able to claim for a complete bike and kit. It might sound a bit extreme, but it wasn't your fault, but it is your inconvenience :evil:

Further on from that..i went to Certini Cycles in Saltash, came out £248.00 light, from helmet to overshoes..

Just want to get on my bike for a spin..hopefully wednesday..depending on aches and weather :roll: :roll:

Ernie ;)

A little update..got an assessment with a BUPA doctor sunday at 1.15 16/01/11..lets see how it goes :roll:
Ernie ;)

Hey up mate, I got knocked off my bike last year (motorist pulled right across a junction infront of me and I ended up going into the side of his car with me landing on my back on his bonnet)! It was his fault and he admitted it straight away. I contacted his insurance company the following morning and gave them a list of things that had been damaged on my Cotic Soul. Once they had contacted their insured driver and checked the prices of things I was saying were damaged they payed up straight away. I even got some money for a new frame because the smash invalidated the warranty! With regards to injuries I had a lucky escape and only had a sore back really, I mentioned this to them and they offered me £500 for it, all this without having to see anyone. All in all I got about £1500 in compensation within days, couldn't fault the company whose name escapes me. Could have been alot worse though, a second later and I would have smashed into the side of his car rather than front wing or a second earlier I would have been under it!

Thorpie":2zgn5olt said:
Hey up mate, I got knocked off my bike last year (motorist pulled right across a junction infront of me and I ended up going into the side of his car with me landing on my back on his bonnet)! It was his fault and he admitted it straight away. I contacted his insurance company the following morning and gave them a list of things that had been damaged on my Cotic Soul. Once they had contacted their insured driver and checked the prices of things I was saying were damaged they payed up straight away. I even got some money for a new frame because the smash invalidated the warranty! With regards to injuries I had a lucky escape and only had a sore back really, I mentioned this to them and they offered me £500 for it, all this without having to see anyone. All in all I got about £1500 in compensation within days, couldn't fault the company whose name escapes me. Could have been alot worse though, a second later and I would have smashed into the side of his car rather than front wing or a second earlier I would have been under it!

Cheers bud for the input..i am in an accident scheme at work{been in for 20 years}.A solicitor will handle the claim, i will Just wait and see, apparently bus/coach are always dragging their feet. So i am preparing to wait until about June time.

Thanks bud for the input :cool:

Ernie ;)

GoldenEraMTB":yi4lg2up said:
ernie":yi4lg2up said:
A little update..got an assessment with a BUPA doctor sunday at 1.15 16/01/11..lets see how it goes :roll:
Ernie ;)

Best of luck, man :cool:

Thankyou bud..lets see how it goes..big companies dont like giving out money ;) ..but they will surely take it ;)

Ernie ;)

Back