what i want in life at mo

I want;

To move into my new house

To get the pay rise I was promised two months ago

To start building the Phoenix

I'm stepping into the helmet discussion here, as I've meant to say something since I saw the Thetford ride pics.

I'm no one's Dad, and I know it will just prompt people to rise up and say "I can do whatever I want to," but it needs to be said that riding MTBs without a helmet is just f'n stupid. Not stupid in a "dude you're extreme but stupid for launching that cliff" way, but stupid like eating paint chips or sticking a fork in a plugged in toaster. There are no excuses, I dont care how slow you ride.

In 16 years of mountain biking at least 3 times a week during the on-seasons, I've NEVER seen a person ride an MTB without a helmet until I saw those pics. Just do it, they make fashionable helmets that are so light you dont even know you're wearing them.

I can only imagine 30 retrobikers having to deal with dragging someone's ass out of the woods because they crashed and died. I certainly wouldn't want to put that responsibility on any of my friends.

Whoever doesn't wear one, do it. Take Jez up on his offer, and if he doesn't have one, I do - free shipped to the UK.

Rant over.

Now I want a Yo. Small. 96-99. Getting impatient.

im sorry :cry: :cry: i forgot my helmet at thetford but i always wear it normally i was just having a one off bad bad bad day but its over now and i wear it every where else honest its cool to wear a skid lid :cool: :cool: :D

ameybrook":2hz35vd7 said:
Now I want a Yo. Small. 96-99. Getting impatient.

as my dad always said Ameybrook, "patience is a virtue"

(but then my dad always spoke a load of cr*p)

Oh, and I want to be able to ride my bike and not have to strip it down and clean it after every ride, and have to source more retro parts to replace ones that broke. I want an invincible, self-cleaning retro bike. Now where did i put that 'Inbred'?

I want the self discipline to be able to sell the surplus bikes in the fleet so I can clear enough space in the garage at home to be able to fit my DS in it when the garage I rent gets sold to be made into flats.

New thread I think...

Back