Kona - Explosif 1997

20" seems fine for me. Slightly large 20" than my Rocky but that's probably the high front end. Might find a 19" is better but it was only intended as a commute bike and to pop to my mums allotment with a bit a local riding for a change.
But you know how it is when you buy things :LOL: I had to get a light bottom bracket, couldn't get heavy forks .. But didn't go silly as not got the money to do that.

Seatpost is Kalloy as are all my seatposts which luckily are all 27.0 could well be a 1995 will check, look similar to the ones in the 94 catalogue 9(though not 95 they look different.

Stems 110/6degree iirc which seemed good but may play around.

I'm rather liking the silver of the Z2's against the frame

What's the current set up is it still the same?

Setup is upside down with no legs in the fork crown or wheels, slung in a corner waiting for f-ing ukbikesore to either actually answer the phone sometime or reply to the emails i've sent them so I can get the part to make my forks work again.

nice green mate.
I have a 91 explosif which I brushed up recently, best hardtail ever mate. I should post my development. Want to get hold of a 16" one for my girl.

'82 ALAN gran sport
'91 Kona Explosif
'98 Kona Dirtjump BMX
'05 Yeti ASR-SL

FluffyChicken":nipff4mo said:
Setup is upside down with no legs in the fork crown or wheels, slung in a corner waiting for f-ing ukbikesore to either actually answer the phone sometime or reply to the emails i've sent them so I can get the part to make my forks work again.

I sent out 5 emails to different companies asking for a price for spare spokes and spoke nuts for my new wheels and only one company actually replied (CRC) so surprise surpise they got the order.

I know some of these places are REALLY huge box shifters by nature but service still counts :(

I guess there's not so much money in spares

wishing you the best of luck

CRC being one of the biggest box shifters online.

Worst part is Windwave, the Marzocchi importer and spare part holder for the UK recommended ukbikestore as they are pretty much next door so can walk and collect the part. and ukbikestore sell the spare parts for these forks...
it may be quicker to go to my previous plan and get the part made.

FluffyChicken":qh1z6j0k said:
CRC being one of the biggest box shifters online.

Worst part is Windwave, the Marzocchi importer and spare part holder for the UK recommended ukbikestore as they are pretty much next door so can walk and collect the part. and ukbikestore sell the spare parts for these forks...
it may be quicker to go to my previous plan and get the part made.

Yep I've had good and very bad exeriences with CRC but needs must

Nobody in or around Gosport on here able to collect for you?

Back