My 98 Sunn Vertik

renaldo

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi All,

I'm new to the site and enjoying it a lot so thought I'd post up some pics of my bike. Its pretty much standard except the forks, bars, saddle, tyres and pedals. Probably going to leave it as is except the pedals - originally bought as I wanted SPDs that I could ride with normal shoes too but they don't really fit the bike, although they've been on so long I'm pretty used to them.

I also have a 95 or 96 (I think) Diamond Back Ascent that unfortunately has been a bit neglected but I'll be posting pics of that when I've given it a good clean up, and a 95 Expolsif frame (bought from Taffy on here) that I'm building up.

Anyway, some pics.

Attachments

• Vertik_4.jpg
    Vertik_4.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 4,993
  • Vertik_3.jpg
    Vertik_3.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 4,993
  • Vertik_2.jpg
    Vertik_2.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 4,993
  • Vertik_1.jpg
    Vertik_1.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 4,993
Sunns aren't represented enough on here. Would love one myself one day - yours looks nice and understated, like most sunns then.

Thanks for the comments guys. The stays are pretty skinny, but then so are all of the tubes, especially when you see it next to a modern bike which is one of the thing I love about it and why I'm on here. Acceleration is pretty lively though, especially given that the wheels are OK (Sunn by Sachs hubs on Sunn, possibly by Mavic, rims) but not superlight. Been thinking about changing them, as well as some of the drivetrain (a mix of STX RC, Alivio and Sugino) for something that performs better but keeping the old parts so I can always put it back. Any thoughts?
I agree there aren't enough Sunn's around. I always wanted a Revolt too :) Possibly the wrong place to ask but does anyone no anything about modern Sunns? Are they still the same company or did they get bought out?

That was a good era for Sunn. I have a stash of MBUK magazines from the late 90's with lots of their steel models representative in the mail order adverts. Having a bit of flashback resentment cos' I had the opportunity to buy one with "Fuji Stout Light" chromo steel tubes and decent kit all for just for £299.

I think some yellow SPD's would really set this off.

have to agree we need more sunn

We the sunn owners are under represented on these fine pages.......sepecially in the ti versions of their (sunn) frames. Having owned three the are a g8 ride and are quite sort after even in NZ... :LOL:

Back