A cleat, a cleat, my kingdom for a cleat.

Thanks everybody.
Guess Delta is just a new name for what I used to use.
Pedals coming. Cleats coming. Shoes reserved on FB Marketplace.
Bling factor increased.
Don't tell SWMBO.

BITD when clipless first came out there were Look pedals. Red cleats gave play. Black cleats had no play. I used red.
For years now I've been using SPD pedals mainly because I like to be able to walk off the bike without doing the duck waddle.

Now I'm getting a nice Colnago Master on the road and of course it must have Campag Record everything.

I've seen these pedals which would just be perfect
but seller has no cleats.

When I look into cleats it's now a minefield. I don't understand a lot of what I'm reading.

So the question is...what are the cleats to go with these pedals? I will want some play - one of my knees isn't mine.

Yes, I know they will be three bolt and I'll need some new shoes but OCD always takes precedence over common sense.

Pretty please.
In the 70s- early 80s I had some kind of clip pedals. They were hard on my knees because there was no foot slack. Then I used look pedals. After a long ride I couldn't get out of them unless I leaned on something and hit my foot with my fist while trying to twist out. Now advanced age keeps me from easily releasing SPD after 110 miles. Same thing, lean on something and hammer out with my fist. I now use the new SPD cleats that are super easy to get out of. I’m old, a young rider would lift out of my clipless pedals. I recommend these. IMG_2008.jpeg

If you want lack of movement I give you the Cinelli M71. The 'slide in/slide out' actions to get in and out of the things took some getting used to if you rode clips&straps on other bikes.
As you might have guessed from my previous post I mostly ride Campag Pro-Fit and have done so for nearly 25 years. I've found their clip and release efficiency is highly dependant on the state of cleat wear - its three years since I fitted new cleats and from the way that my left foot has become reluctant to clip in and my right is now resistant to release it's getting to that time again. As it's also nearly time to start using my SPD-shod winter bike again I'll leave changing then Pro-Fit cleats until over the christmas break.

Back