Project Raven - Completed, Pics on Page 2

Re: disc brakes

chfs911":1asl0bij said:
I am doing a Raven built but need details of what disc brakes will fit.

Can you share what is fitted to your build Jack?
The Ravens are International Standard (IS) mount. Its got my old Hope Mono4 brakes. I decided to upgrade the 575 to Tech M4, so the Raven got the Monos. Runs 180/160.

Cheers, bobber ;)

I have a Purpleen Raven too now, your one always looked too flaming good for me not to get one! A bit scruffy sadly and just the frame currently but on the lookout for a Carbon lefty at the right price and have XTR goodies, Hayes Stroker Carbon brakes and and FSA carbon cranks on the way ;). Would have been cheaper to buy a tricked out modern lefty though......

Looking forward to the build. There were no super v or ravens on here, not so long back, no we have loads :LOL:

I am not looking forward to finishing her as I have dropped a grand (yes, still mildly in shock about that) this week at CRC on various things, mostly for her and I still have no forks or wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, bumping this as an excuse to ask for opinions on a couple of things for my build. I am not one for retro restores, I like putting the best up to date kit that I can on to my bikes, regardless of the age.

I have a Carbon Lefty 110 SL on the way in someone's suitcase from the states while I type this ;). All the XTR kit is here and the cranks but I have yet to source the brakes, or wheels.......

These are my questions:

I like my anodized bling bits, a lot..... The current raven has gold alu/titanium bolts for the vast majority of the bits and I am torn between putting these on to the Purpleen frame, going 3DV purple bolts or going for green bolts. Opinions?

Wheels. I can't bring myself to go too cheap on the wheels considering that I haven't cut corners on any other part really but the high end crossmaxx wheels cost a bomb and if I am spending that sort of bonkers money what about the Cranks Brother Iodine wheels etc? Form as well as function is important to me so I am thinking colours rims/black rims anyway, no silver wheels please! Again, thought appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick.

Back