bombarding you with tip finds...

Malvern and the surrounding area is extremely wealthy, our Freecycle network is astounding, 10,000 members and treasure galore..

I have a pair of Spendor BC1 speakers that were just given away :shock:

We have given some old cars away so I suppose we are a bit like that ourselves.

A local tip [ I wont say which one for obvious reasons.. but fairly local ] has in the past supplied me with a brand new Dawes Galaxy [ insurance job ] several 1940-60's retro racers, a few Moultons, various boxes of tools etc and sundry insane treasure :LOL:

I ran a business doing up bikes for several years in the 80's on the cast off local bikes I got out of skips and donated by people who knew what I was doing.

Found this
1zokaad.jpg
frame on a pile of rubble a couple of years ago :) I will be out on it tomorrow.

I am still amazed at what turns up, what an affluent society we live in..

malvernman":ombmkhbb said:
Malvern and the surrounding area is extremely wealthy, our Freecycle network is astounding, 10,000 members and treasure galore..

I have a pair of Spendor BC1 speakers that were just given away :shock:

We have given some old cars away so I suppose we are a bit like that ourselves.

A local tip [ I wont say which one for obvious reasons.. but fairly local ] has in the past supplied me with a brand new Dawes Galaxy [ insurance job ] several 1940-60's retro racers, a few Moultons, various boxes of tools etc and sundry insane treasure :LOL:

I ran a business doing up bikes for several years in the 80's on the cast off local bikes I got out of skips and donated by people who knew what I was doing.

Found this frame on a pile of rubble a couple of years ago :) I will be out on it tomorrow.

I am still amazed at what turns up, what an affluent society we live in..

I see your Spendor BC1 and raise you a pair of Spendor BC1 Active - found those a couple of years ago ;)

Just after Christmas, found a £2.5k set of PMC studio monitors

And have shown countless bikes on here, some just for a laugh but some were quite good finds. The best bike find has been a set of Campagnolo Deltas in mint condition.

Na... I'll keep the BC1s :)

House renovations give up some decent treasure, some mates found a complete lighting rig in a skip outside a private school that was having a refit, a decent p.a. system turned up shortly after..

One of my customers popped her very ancient clogs and the family gave me the book collection .. [ read Library ] ... including very early Isaac Newton books and a 1720's copy of Paradise lost... nice, I gave about a 1000 books to the local Amnesty book shop.

The local house clearance guy has my phone number for any old bikes he finds.

:D

no, not really, 'cos I can throw in a MOOG synth, Linn amplifiers, Meridian 206 etc etc....

:LOL: :LOL:

I am Ming of the Kip Skonkeys - no-one can take that away from me.

;)

anyway - get out there and rummage!

TheGreenRabbit":f31hthxl said:
Is this turning into LGF 'V' Malvernman challange fight for king of the skip monkeys ?

yes but lgf already has the title in his profile, or this could be *ring announcer*' tiiittttllllleeee ffffiiiiiggggghhhhhtttt!!!'

Y'ken the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark, when the ark of the covenant is in a packing crate being shove up a long aisle??

That's in LGF's garage, that is.......... :p

Back