Fisher Prometheus in storage

Always loved the Jo Burt mural on the wall at CG. Remember a guy who used to wrench there who had the most amazing bike he built when he worked at De Kerf, lugs and joints and tubes everywhere.

As far as the shop at embankment - you don't mean Action Bikes, under the Tunnel. I used to work there BITD when it stocked all the proper kit and sold all manner of expensive bikes - gone the way of so many with the supermarket look now, still a great shop owned by great guys though.

BUT my all time favourite was Magic bikes in whitechapel. had everything rammed into a tiny shop, celler filled with Klein fuselages, Clark Kent frames, Merlins, boxes of ti, ali CNC and all run by a bunch of guys who were mad as a box of frogs but truely lovely. Then the evil cycle sugery moved to Liverpool Street and wiped them out - they had to resort to selling Silver Fox bikes. They had a race team and managed to pick some great riders too including Jenny Copnall and Danny Milner before they got big. Oh put these rose tinted specs away...

Action bikes on embankment does have a great mechanic there.
Really tall eastern european guy. He pulled a stuck BB from my Sling shot and did a couple of other little petty jobs that I just could not do myself for either nought or £10.

Back on topic a little more, I've got a friend who owns a Prometheus - he was looking for something and I found it for sale - XTR M900, Boone Twist cranks, Ringle bits, all for £400. It's too small for me so I've never ridden it, but it looks nice. The welds are very different to the ones on my Merlin though...

Wu-Tangled":1yvba5hn said:
I remember South Bank Cycles along from Embankment. Was that the one you mean?

It used to be a great trek into London to go to all the 'proper' bike shps back in 1987/ 88.

*FW Evans (Kingston)
l
*Cycle Surgery in spitalfields

:) [/i]
:shock: Evens & cycle surgery proper bike shops :shock: Not when i was last in them last week

hi sorry for my bad English !
do you search a pic ??
9532843.jpg

it's a friend's frame

Yup, and I worked at covent Garden cycles at the time that bike was there. . . We had some cool stuff on the shelf then, jellybean Salsa a la carte, Pace rc100, classic bullseye build, a wikid lite done up as a commuter with blackburn rack and BLT lights, plus the obvious cooks and graftons, maggic motorcycle chainsets, it had it all. And the Jo-burt murals. I want back a few weeks agao. Its now a barbers and the murals are painted out. I do have some pics of the mural somewhere, I'll see if I can dig them out and get someone to scan them for me. .

Latest posts

Back