Cannock Turkey Twizzler. Who's going? Who needs a lift?

Had a great day, shame Dave Sidewinder's car played up and he could'nt make it. Sorry to rub it in Dave but you missed a cracker. Hope the car isn't too bad.

Anyway, aftermath HERE.

Dave you would've hated it. We spent all day riding up an endless straight road, in the rain, on ice, with no pedals. Nobody spoke, all we heard was static and feedback, people threw stones at us and everyones bike broke and crumbled into dust.
Better off at home with a cuppa.

drystonepaul":151iqvnj said:
Dave you would've hated it. We spent all day riding up an endless straight road, in the rain, on ice, with no pedals. Nobody spoke, all we heard was static and feedback, people threw stones at us and everyones bike broke and crumbled into dust.
Sounds like I would have been quite at home ;) bloody 58 plate Mondeo and the fuel pumps screwed!! fortunately its a company car :LOL: :LOL:

Looks like i missed out on great day ,really gutted i couldnt make it! :(
...any mince pies left?

drystonepaul":312d7dto said:

:D :D :D Perfect description of the days events.

I did go but got put off by the sheet of ice, i didnt fancy breaking me or my bike !!! (my track record was never good in the dry let alone ice!!!!)

MattyZaskar":9287tg9g said:
I did go but got put off by the sheet of ice, i didnt fancy breaking me or my bike !!! (my track record was never good in the dry let alone ice!!!!)
You must be at that age when you stop bouncing and break instead :D , hopefully the conditions will be kinder for the NWA Macclesfield ride next month.

Good turnout from the NWNWs... and the bonus ball - we weren't embarrassed by one of Dave's mechanical mishaps... :)

Mark looked a natural on his SSer - the elaborate lack of gears didn't effect his usual pinball downhilling rapidness yet stopped him being a work shy fop on the hills!

Oh so dry Paul didn't seem quite as at home on the Saracen - those short wheelbase frames do take a lot of love...

Stally still didn't get any extra gears for Christmas but kept the classic Specialized flag flying at the front.

I pottered variously on the seasonal Ascent, swapping for an M2 and it's comfortable Judy front end for the afternoon stint.

The leadership/direction was inept (especially when Edwards hit the front) - but at least that is the last of the 'make it up as we go along' events, as we have Deputies from 2010... ;-)

Mr K

Latest posts

Back