The Cannock Turkey Twizzler ~ 27/12/15

Re:

Can't wait for this, fingers crossed the bike makes it round this year......any locals know how nice/wet/boggy etc it currently is??

Re:

Obviously, it's an institution. I just dropped by to check nothing had changed (HA!).

Booked a week off before Xmas to do some building and I had planned to showcase something serious, highly appropriate and interesting. However work suddenly decided I wasn't surplus after all so I've jammed something in the car with fat tubes, one gear and totally inappropriate tyres. Standard service resumed.

See you all there!

Offspring arriving tomorrow. not seen them yet so dipping out also. Have a good one. Look out for snow.

Re:

Count me in chaps.
But... Spent the last 2 hours trying to get the rear gears to stop slipping.
I will bring spares and get there early in the hope someone can help.
Failing that I have a modern backup and will accept much ridicule!!

Re: Re:

Myshrall189":300r11qo said:
Count me in chaps.
But... Spent the last 2 hours trying to get the rear gears to stop slipping.
I will bring spares and get there early in the hope someone can help.
Failing that I have a modern backup and will accept much ridicule!!

Plan is to be there early, sure we can sort it if nothing's actually bent/worn out... ;)

bontybonty":3ts4cgar said:
I am coming
Should finish hopefully???

Yes, hopefully...

I'd hazard two ish back at the carpark, emphasis on the 'ish'.

From the thread, we may be a smallish group which always moves faster, so there may be options for adding in some off-piste if anyone knows of any, or doing an extra (half/quarter/whatever) lap if we really fly around.

Will see how everyone's feeling on the way around, emphasis is still very much on the sociable side so we shan't be racing!

Back