sling shot

As for my black one...don't have it anymore.

Think of it this way....flexy SID fork, flexy Slingshot frame, flexy Tioga T-disk...it was like drifting in corners! :D

Yeah, there is a lot of side to side flex on these frames if you put all your weight down on one crank/pedal it'll move around. But unless you were pedaling in absolute squares, under normal riding circumstances, there wasn't much side to side flex. The wheels would twist up a bit if you were throwing it through corners in tight single track.

On open trail the 'variable wheelbase' (like an inch worm) was kind cool. Noticeable, but once you got used to it, it just became a part of how these ride.

Good all around bikes I think. Great climbers and stable downhill bikes...more so than a Bontrager or Wicked Fat I'd say.

Great bike if you're a finesse rider, probably not as good if you're a power rider.

Power rider? At thje same speed I usually spin 2 lighter sprockets than the others. I never stand on the pedals. I shouldn't suffer from lack of lateral rigidity!

These bikes make Trimbles look well almost normal :LOL: The looks i would get in London on a sling would be :shock: :shock: compared to just :shock: on a Trimble. :LOL:
I hope they keep making them. The MTb world needs bikes like this.

I hope they'll start making them properly again
I mean steel and made in the usa, maybe by the sycip bros....

Sorry to Mark about thinking he was an ex-employee (you never know on this site).
I am not a historical expert on these bikes.
On another note lots of bikes flex when you lean sideways on the crank/pedal. The test I personally think is irrelivant as noted above even leaning a bike from side to side as you sprint can cause brake rub/flex in the wheels alone.

Back