The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

sinnett177":3qycr8go said:
Sidewinder":3qycr8go said:
sinnett177":3qycr8go said:
All quiet on the North Western front. But, Dr. S has a Dalby ride planned for Saturday November 14th over in Yorkshire and also there is the Real Ale Wobble on the same day. I'm going to try and do one of them, pending getting time off work.
I'm going for the real ale pissup sorry wobble :LOL: :LOL:
Really tempted by the Wobble, looks like a top laugh and a great way to round off a good year of riding. I'll see if i've got the holiday hours to cover it and then make plans.
Cool Would be good to meet up again ,I might just bring the new toy with me(subject to dry conditions)(oh yeah right ;) ;) )

Darwen to Rivvy

Short notice I know , going over to Rivvy tomorrow from Darwen we will be out most of the day
Meet at 10:30 outside the Sunnyhurst Pub on Tocholes Road (if you type in sunnyhurst pub on uk pub finder it will give you directions .Hic :oops: )
Dont worry if ya cant make it like .
The pace will be steady away , not britchies arse !

Attachments

• ABCD0017.JPG
    ABCD0017.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,600
  • P9270002.JPG
    P9270002.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 1,600
Re: pete

ratbane":2d6lc8xq said:
Hi,

Trying to contact peteteamtig.

Anyone know if he's away sunning himself?

Raters
Looks like he was riding yesterday, so I'm sure he won't be far away.

I'd like to run a potential ride by the NWA, a road ride! Not specifically for road bikes, but where riders of commuters and hybrids are welcomed too.

Thinking potential date of Febuary, potential location to be discussed (but, a section of the Lancashire Cycleway might be a good starting place).

So whats your thoughts? Just thinking it would be a good social meet and ride out, without getting shit up to the eye balls in darkest winter.

sinnett177":3vstltw2 said:
I'd like to run a potential ride by the NWA, a road ride! Not specifically for road bikes, but where riders of commuters and hybrids are welcomed too.

Thinking potential date of Febuary, potential location to be discussed (but, a section of the Lancashire Cycleway might be a good starting place).

So whats your thoughts? Just thinking it would be a good social meet and ride out, without getting shit up to the eye balls in darkest winter.
Or is it an excuse for you to buy another ex team raleigh frame? but that aside good idea Mark get some of the peripheral riders out :LOL:

sinnett177":v9c1b9i9 said:

Sounds like a good idea Mark. I tend to do quite a bit of riding the back lanes around my way for the very reason you mention. ie shit and eye balls etc.

If there are a fine selection of pubs/cafes/views along the route with the emphasis on a social, then I'd be more than up for it.

Don't forget I'll be posting up a thread for my ride on January 30th soon.

Sounds promising and looks as though we are pulling a bit of a calender together:

November 21st Farleton
December 27th Annual Cannock Turkey Twizzler
January 30th Drystonepauls Ride
Febuary TBA Road Ride

Sidewinder":tqqc11tl said:
Does this mean I'll have to start thinking of another route now?
If we fancy one a month then a ride for March would be great. Might be room for another one in December too, for those who don't fancy the trip to Cannock.

Latest posts

Back