£26.00 of tatty happiness (Muddy Fox content)

Aye. These were the icons of the day really. Yours looks pretty good.

If you find yourself with any parts left over, can you give me a shout please as I am also restoring an 87 courier and am after some original parts for it.

I'm just doing mine over the winter, but it was the bike I always wanted back then, but couldn't afford.

Ally":tfcf5g40 said:
Aye. These were the icons of the day really. Yours looks pretty good.

If you find yourself with any parts left over, can you give me a shout please as I am also restoring an 87 courier and am after some original parts for it.

I'm just doing mine over the winter, but it was the bike I always wanted back then, but couldn't afford.

won't have any spare parts as am a little short for the third restoration courier.

but keep me posted on yours, maybe you can help out with the race team to beat all race teams next summer. ;)

Nae worries.

I did see your other post. Good idea, but depends where you have it. Also not much of a racer these days. I am quite good at gentle ambling though.

I also have to remove the seized seatpost from the frame. I will post up pics on another thread in due course though rather than hijack yours.

Ally":1erqru09 said:
Nae worries.

I did see your other post. Good idea, but depends where you have it. Also not much of a racer these days. I am quite good at gentle ambling though.

I also have to remove the seized seatpost from the frame. I will post up pics on another thread in due course though rather than hijack yours.

hijak this if you like with pics - i don't mind. :D

there is a MF annonymous thread somewhere. WIll upload there i suppose when i get around to cleaning and taking more.

nice bike - special I think as things changed so much in the next 2 years or so.

Good skills on finding three of them.

Yea , It's like meeting an old friend .
I bought a Courier as my first MTB in '87 , but sold it to fund my next bike , a DB Axis in '89 .
I wont say I obsessively scoured the ads /Ebay , but last year I found a courier on Ebay that I was fortunate enough to win .
It's in great shape , with the odd scuff . I just love riding it .
I still have my axis , however it is V.Tired .
Imagine my delight at finding a near mint Axis , that was owned by Harry Leary ( Google him kids ) .
So now I have my first MTB 'back ' . It's not my 'actual ' one. The Axis is amazing ,racey as hell , but the Courier is sooo laid back . At the time I saw the Axis as a step up , and it is in many ways , lighter faster better harder stronger , or something , but in a way the courier has a modern feel to it . The geometry is quite slow and easy to ride fast down hills . Shame it cant be stopped as it predates brakes.

Looks good with the '88 stickers . I seem to remeber the ad said " specification is subject to change ..."
Haha

Attachments

• me,back of pike.'80s.jpg
    me,back of pike.'80s.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 505
A past mate of mine from bitd had a courier and i always remember its rather large frame size. Must have been one of the first mtb brands i can remember seeing as a nipper and thinking "that's so cool, i want one of them!" :cool:

Back