REFLEX FRAME

mrkawasaki, I have exactly the same Grisley Glacier frame. Did you ever get it built up? Looking to rescue mine from my folks place and restore her. Here's the spec as I recall:

Ringle Buba hubs (purple of course!) with blue QR skewers
Ritchey Logic Forks (got some rockshox judy coming)
XT DR with thumbshifters
X-Lite purple bars
Dia Comp 986 brakes
LX chainset
Onza Racing porcupine tyres (in white)

Is the headset 1 1/8?

Chris

Hi gents, i've got the Peugeot Team Line Grisley up in the 'how much is my XYZ worth' thread. Would anyone be kind enough to estimate a price for it for I can stick it in the for sale thread. Otherwise it's off to ebay.

cchris2lou":3d4k6fqm said:
Reflex was created by Easton . it was then sold to Look .
no idea who P Grisley is . :?

Paul Grisley, owned believe it or not Grisley bikes, Canadian based frame maker, who was commisioned to build custom frames for Peugeot Under the "Look" brand, who they then owned, David Baker and Tim Gould both raced with great success and in fact dominated the World scene, prior to Downhill and XC being run as seperate events and the Hill climb event dropped altogether. Back then they were seen as the best steel bikes, but very high prices prevented major sales, so they are pretty rare.

my local bike shop used to sell a lot of grisleys, so we used to see a lot of them on the trails. my mate curly had a carbon one & the headtube to downtube connection became loose pretty quick. never saw a problem on the all alu versions. my mate john rode his grisley off the roof off his sherpa van at one of the early malverns hills classic races. amazingly both himself & the bike were okay.

I got this a couple of weeks ago. I posted a description on another thread. It rides beautifully. I've done a bit to it since getting it. I had to ditch the Schwalbe City Jets in favour of Panaracer T-serv and put Ergon grips on. Forecast is good for Saturday so I hope to do a decent ride. Not sure where yet. Newry Canal Path or Ards Peninsula.

Attachments

• Grisley 1a.jpg
    Grisley 1a.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 3,265
I used to have an Alx 99. Broke and got turned into a stool at a local bike shop. Went where the cable guide was riveted into the down tube. Cost me £800 in 1999.

Back