BoTM September 2K+9 - your nominations please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy_Rider":3nhajhj4 said:
Defiant":3nhajhj4 said:
Easy_Rider":3nhajhj4 said:
Some lovely bikes this month.

Just a question, when bikes are nominated are someones behalf, do they need to be made aware? What if they didn't realise it had been nominated and then on another month they build it up nicer and want to enter, or they spend ages taking just the right picture, then they can't, or can they because it was nomited by someone else?

:?

you can only nominate your own bike, one time, except if there is an theme month, then you can enter it for the second time.

What if someone else nominated your bike without you knowing? For example, rojo's hahanna single speed on page 3 was nominated by "hoegaardenadds1" not by rojo.

Just want to understand the rules that's all.

First off BOTM is a bit of fun! Don't get too serious

1. Entries are accepted from all parts of the site. MTB, Road, BMX, Cyclocross, whatever.
2. Keep all comments and criticism constructive, avoid personal attacks.
3. It is strongly suggested all bikes are placed in the reader's bikes section prior to entry into BoTM. In this way a bike can under go a more gentle critique prior to the spotlight and interest of BoTM. More detail and extra pictures can be added here.
4. If you aren't prepared that your bike undergo criticism as part of BoTM don't enter it. We have many 1000s of views on this thread in a month - make sure both you and your bike are ready!
5. Don't register 15 extra users to vote for your own bike and for trolling purposes. This will result in a ban from retrobike.
6. Bike must be complete.
7. Bike must be currently owned by site member / nominee. No selling the bike whilst the contest is running if you want to remain in the contest. This goes for entering the bike with the intention of selling.
8. Two pictures per bike only.
9. One bike per user per month - don't be greedy.
10. Judges decision is final.
11. Bikes can only be entered once (special months excepted)
12. Don't take it too seriously

Not taking it seriously :? only asked a question as it's been bugging me for a while.

I may have wanted to nominate someones bike you see, as others have done this month and in the past, but if it buggers their plans up then i won't, and i wanted to know how others do it :cool: :D

Easy_Rider":vqtfs8mw said:
Not taking it seriously :? only asked a question as it's been bugging me for a while.

I may have wanted to nominate someones bike you see, as others have done this month and in the past, but if it buggers their plans up then i won't, and i wanted to know how others do it :cool: :D

i copied the rules from here : How do I enter BOTM? What are the rules?

If you want nominate someones bike, just pm the bloke and ask if he is okay with it

Yep, i did spot the rules before thanks, but nothing is said about nominating other members bikes and it still doesn't answer the original Q.

oh well, one of those mysteries then :roll: think i've laboured the point enough.

Defiant":217ziki8 said:
Easy_Rider":217ziki8 said:
Defiant":217ziki8 said:
Easy_Rider":217ziki8 said:
Some lovely bikes this month.

Just a question, when bikes are nominated are someones behalf, do they need to be made aware? What if they didn't realise it had been nominated and then on another month they build it up nicer and want to enter, or they spend ages taking just the right picture, then they can't, or can they because it was nomited by someone else?

:?

you can only nominate your own bike, one time, except if there is an theme month, then you can enter it for the second time.

What if someone else nominated your bike without you knowing? For example, rojo's hahanna single speed on page 3 was nominated by "hoegaardenadds1" not by rojo.

Just want to understand the rules that's all.

First off BOTM is a bit of fun! Don't get too serious

1. Entries are accepted from all parts of the site. MTB, Road, BMX, Cyclocross, whatever.
2. Keep all comments and criticism constructive, avoid personal attacks.
3. It is strongly suggested all bikes are placed in the reader's bikes section prior to entry into BoTM. In this way a bike can under go a more gentle critique prior to the spotlight and interest of BoTM. More detail and extra pictures can be added here.
4. If you aren't prepared that your bike undergo criticism as part of BoTM don't enter it. We have many 1000s of views on this thread in a month - make sure both you and your bike are ready!
5. Don't register 15 extra users to vote for your own bike and for trolling purposes. This will result in a ban from retrobike.
6. Bike must be complete.
7. Bike must be currently owned by site member / nominee. No selling the bike whilst the contest is running if you want to remain in the contest. This goes for entering the bike with the intention of selling.
8. Two pictures per bike only.
9. One bike per user per month - don't be greedy.
10. Judges decision is final.
11. Bikes can only be entered once (special months excepted)
12. Don't take it too seriously

;)

Aaaaaaaaarrrrgh, I will never have a chance of winning BOTM unless they ask for "large 94 Kona Lava Dome upgraded commuters in the original colour and owned by BarneyRubble" - even then Bas would probably find a way of beating me ;)

The Dean followed by the Serotta for me so far. :)

BarneyRubble":2a9ywxlf said:
Aaaaaaaaarrrrgh, I will never have a chance of winning BOTM unless they ask for "large 94 Kona Lava Dome upgraded commuters in the original colour and owned by BarneyRubble" - even then Bas would probably find a way of beating me ;)

we could even start to say without having to look at pictures
january BOTM is Bas
february is Dr S
march is ...
etc.....
it would save time and efforts for the other members building bikes and making pictures
;)

and I say that not being envious but being lucid ! :roll:
that is because a limited bunch is flying high above us mortals :LOL:
Do not think I would be happy to be among the club. Life as a "God" is probably much more tiring than "Mr Smith" one

Ok only kidding ( french humour ;) dunno if anglosaxons are going to laugh :?: :oops: )

Re: Need carbon

ragnar1984":2kodztuz said:
We need some carbon in this thread. And more bling.
Hmmm....

Gold! Yes, gold will definitely do it!

My 100% original 1990 Miyata Century

3727646252_28a2c15d87_b.jpg

3726836685_c87f9d7059_b.jpg

More pics here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66623

:shock:

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back