92 Explosif back with no gears

My view is that the EBB conversion is a better option than the ENO hub, if only for the following reasons -

You don't need to build a wheel on a new hub .
You have easy wheel removal/refitting with no re-adjustment of chain tension needed.
If you ever want to use disc brakes then EBB's are the way to go...

There are currently two EBB's for conventional BB shells available - the Trickstuff Excentriker and the Forward Components version.

I've been using the Excentriker for well over a year now (in some pretty dire conditions too) and it has done exactly what it claims to do - simple as that, no problems at all.
If I was buying again though I'd be tempted to go for the Forward Components one, if only because it's cheaper (and just as well made - just a bit different). It wasn't available when I was buying though.

You might find this interesting anyway - there are a few of my usual outspoken (and unsolicited) opinions on there, but if you ignore those....... :cool:

seeing as you cant run discs id say go the eno.

there is no hassle resetting chain tension, you just pull the wheel back, in my opinion easier then adjusting an ebb. also, eno hubs give more adjustment then EBBs do (thats a fact, dont deny it:p)

yes it may cost more on its own as you need to build it into a wheel, but:
you will need new cranks if you get an ebb.
if you run shimano you will have grind the granny tabs off your cranks just so they can fit over the oversize bb.
= more money new rear wheel.

but yeah my 2c.

Back