FAT Chance wicked Finished pics on 1

purplewicked":19yi85py said:
GoldenEraMTB":19yi85py said:
gentlemen, please feel free to come over and argue on my wicked fat chance thread as it could use some traffic/bumping.

;)

post a vicious cycles fork! :cool:
the same bullet tube/drop weld out as fat city

I'll take a couple pics of my vicious forks to post.

GoldenEraMTB":2kee7424 said:
purplewicked":2kee7424 said:
GoldenEraMTB":2kee7424 said:
gentlemen, please feel free to come over and argue on my wicked fat chance thread as it could use some traffic/bumping.

;)

post a vicious cycles fork! :cool:
the same bullet tube/drop weld out as fat city

I'll take a couple pics of my vicious forks to post.

my vicious 1in fork looks a bit taller than the groovy on kaiser's wicked. it has 415mm a-c height. i am curious about the groovy geometry.

Neil G":38v0gqrb said:
purplewicked":38v0gqrb said:
Neil G":38v0gqrb said:
perry":38v0gqrb said:
im with you 100% neil

collecting because other people think its cool :LOL:

the groovy forks could have be crafted by the messiah himself with one of a kind unobtanium tubing held together with mrTs grr and the hopes and dreams of everybody who ever lived but they still look ghey

lol Glad someone sees my point of view

lol@ the Potts comment too...that serious blasphemy to the refined collectors

you also find the groovy fork..... "ghey"? ooohh... that's so mature. 12 yr olds.
:LOL:

Sorry but just wouldn't bust my balls to own a pair of forks like that just because they are made by Groovy.

I do love this site but there's a hell of a lot of snobbery when it comes to brands and parts....same BITD same now I suppose. MTB has a habit of being a sport that attracts people with a lots of money and there's when the problem often lies.

Anyway, better get back on track. Kaiser's bike so obviusly he can put any fork on there that he likes lol Good to see the finished bike.

Profiling by fork choice, is this a new field? :LOL:

purplewicked":3j33zvtw said:
Neil G":3j33zvtw said:
purplewicked":3j33zvtw said:
Neil G":3j33zvtw said:
perry":3j33zvtw said:
im with you 100% neil

the groovy forks could have be crafted by the messiah himself with one of a kind unobtanium tubing held together with mrTs grr and the hopes and dreams of everybody who ever lived but they still look ghey

you also find the groovy fork..... "ghey"? ooohh... that's so mature. 12 yr olds.

Sorry but just wouldn't bust my balls to own a pair of forks like that just because they are made by Groovy.

it's because it works. different, better than other forks. i have tried different rigid forks and i talk from experience.
the same goes for every bike i quoted. from ibis to fat city. i know it because i have ridden these bikes. i have ridden cheaper bikes as well.
saying that an excellent fork is "ghey" having not ridden it is quite ..well... nevermind. to each his own.

I never said it was ghey, I said it was fugly lol

I'm just talking about the brand snobbery on here....is that Groovy fork really that much better than a TB Project two or a Pace?....I somehow don't think so...Why is it 'better'?

As you say though each to their own. I can sort of get the Fat Chance thing as well but TBH I never was that interested in them BITD either....I'd probably rather own a Clockwork or Pace or, hate to say it Klein but that's just personal preference.

do groovy have a lifetime warranty ?

ie if kaiser stuffs the bike head on into a wall to end us bickering and bends the steerer would he get sent a new pair no questions asked ?

ive seen the forks in question and as forks go they will hold the front wheel a set distance from the frame giving you an ability to steer . theyre not bad but theyre not amazing either , lighter than they appear but they just look like a big fat arse with skinny legs underneath :LOL:

at the end of the day having forks at all is generally a good idea

no_fork_wheelie_w.jpg

Perry I catch your subtext, you think I have a fat arse and skinny legs. :LOL: The biggest issue should be that none of you have ridden them including me thus far so to spend so many posts discussing them is pointless(but entertaining).

Have to say though Neil I think your barking up the wrong tree saying theres a lot of brand snobbery on this site? :?

BTW they aren't that light either.

Neil G":1rp3ehqr said:
purplewicked":1rp3ehqr said:
purplewicked":1rp3ehqr said:
perry":1rp3ehqr said:
im with you 100% neil

it's because it works. different, better than other forks. i have tried different rigid forks and i talk from experience.
the same goes for every bike i quoted. from ibis to fat city. i know it because i have ridden these bikes. i have ridden cheaper bikes as well.
saying that an excellent fork is "ghey" having not ridden it is quite ..well... nevermind. to each his own.

I'm just talking about the brand snobbery on here....is that Groovy fork really that much better than a TB Project two or a Pace?....I somehow don't think so...Why is it 'better'?

As you say though each to their own. I can sort of get the Fat Chance thing as well but TBH I never was that interested in them BITD either....I'd probably rather own a Clockwork or Pace or, hate to say it Klein but that's just personal preference.

i never tried a groovy but a vicious cycles is a much better fork than the run of the mill unicrowns. it tracks better, absorbs bumps better. it's in another class.
the same can be said of the big one inch, bontrager comp or a Potts type 2.
but the most important thing is how it looks right? and that sure ain't ghey. :LOL:

purplewicked":2klvdaq7 said:
Neil G":2klvdaq7 said:
perry":2klvdaq7 said:
im with you 100% neil

i never tried a groovy but a vicious cycles is a much better fork than the run of the mill unicrowns. it tracks better, absorbs bumps better. it's in another class.
the same can be said of the big one inch, bontrager comp or a Potts type 2.
but the most important thing is how it looks right? and that sure ain't ghey. :LOL:

If you haven't tried the Groovy then surely your basing your love of the fork on looks/image etc?

IMO the best fork available out there is the S&M Pitchfork :D

Back