BoTM July 2009 - Nominations now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: botm

juiceboxx":36t1awcg said:
just finished the build the day i took the pics. also having some time finding the original mavic pedals. looks like it'll have to be look.

the yellow and black ones ?

Here is my entry:

1990 Koga-Miyata Ridgerunner

Attachments

• 100_1119.JPG
    100_1119.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 862
  • 100_1126.JPG
    100_1126.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 862
legrandefromage":293p8iov said:
Lets make its far easier! Possibly the most instantly hated bike on the site.... ;)

Your attention to detail in making that the most hated bike is superb!

- Trek: check
- 200GS chainset: check
- Coloured tyres: check
- Plastic pedals: check
- Half clips: check
- Mix of a number of groupsets: check
- Plastic push push STIs: Check

But you missed a few of easy points: That should have risers and bar ends (pointed upwards), the saddle should be a big squishy one, mudguards are missing, tyres should be blue and yellow slicks and it needs to have the 'bike dipped in glue and ridden through halfords' look with lights, lock, rack and seat pack at least in order to be the truely most hated bike. Nice try but no cigar! ;)

if your talking about my sannie ....i could get quite upset.... :shock:

to lgf....
i think we should have a most hated bike of the year compo to match the beauts we have on here as a balance.... :LOL: :LOL:

gibbleking":3rkdi956 said:
if your talking about my sannie ....i could get quite upset.... :shock:

to lgf....
i think we should have a most hated bike of the year compo to match the beauts we have on here as a balance.... :LOL: :LOL:

Interesting idea. Sadly I think it'd end in more controversy and tears than Maradnonna's 'Hand Of God' goal, Lance Armstrong and the retrobike newsletter combined.

John":2tj5ws7i said:
Sadly I think it'd end in more controversy and tears than Maradnonna's 'Hand Of God' goal, Lance Armstrong and the retrobike newsletter combined.

:LOL: :LOL: :cry:

pete_mcc":3as79yo7 said:
legrandefromage":3as79yo7 said:
Lets make its far easier! Possibly the most instantly hated bike on the site.... ;)

Your attention to detail in making that the most hated bike is superb!

- Trek: check
- 200GS chainset: check
- Coloured tyres: check
- Plastic pedals: check
- Half clips: check
- Mix of a number of groupsets: check
- Plastic push push STIs: Check Wrong! XT Sti with STX 8spd shifters grafted on

But you missed a few of easy points: That should have risers and bar ends (pointed upwards), the saddle should be a big squishy one, mudguards are missing, tyres should be blue and yellow slicks and it needs to have the 'bike dipped in glue and ridden through halfords' look with lights, lock, rack and seat pack at least in order to be the truely most hated bike. Nice try but no cigar! ;)

I've managed to mix Deore LX r/mech, Exage front mech, XT Levers with STX-RC sti grafted on, 200GS chainset and STX cantis.

Phew....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back