1991 GT Team Avalanche (1990!)

Yes, That is a 1990 GT TEAM Avalanche. The bike that launched ol GM himself into GTdom. I had an 18" frame just like it. Nice pick Utahdog. If I hadn't been working at auction end you'd have paid a lot more to have had a chance to own it.

gm1230126":2y8krd8m said:
Yes, That is a 1990 GT TEAM Avalanche. The bike that launched ol GM himself into GTdom. I had an 18" frame just like it. Nice pick Utahdog. If I hadn't been working at auction end you'd have paid a lot more to have had a chance to own it.

thanks GM... Not like you need MORE GTs anyway! :p

:LOL: :LOL:

very nice indeed – the speckled blue one's much nicer than the plain white.

One of these day's I'll find my unicorn ('91 Team Av in Midnight Aurora). :roll:

utahdog2003":2nyvt6df said:
gm1230126":2nyvt6df said:

thanks GM... Not like you need MORE GTs anyway! :p

:LOL: :LOL:

Well If I land one of these I can complete the "Team" Avalanche collection. Will then have all years from 90-93.

The thing that always troubled my about this 1990 model year Team Avalanche was the weight. One would have thought with a Prestige frame and RM-17's that the bike would have come in at 25lbs or a tad under at that time period but mine was over 28lbs. Huge difference when I went to the Xizang in 1991 with mostly Ti and CNC parts and dropped the weight to under 23 lbs.

purplewicked":zkubu4c9 said:
what's the weight on that frame/fork/stem set? :LOL:

It's actually not that bad. Of course, I'm used to EWRs! :LOL:

I think I can build it to the neighborhood of 25-26lbs or so without too much effort. :cool:

Great bike frame and bits, i remember the 1990 range :cool:
The bits were heavy but cromo is (or should be) reliable, cromo wan't always a lot heavier, if you are a tough guy looking for a tough bike then ideal, it took almost a decade to start making trail bikes tough again, after the world weenieing! :D

Back