1996 Parkpre Comp Limited in spankin' shape.

derockus

Retro Newbie
This is my first RB post but I think it's a pretty good one!

I got this 1996 Parkpre Comp Limited for $150 for craigslist. Such a sick bike! I was on the prowl for a retro mtb to convert to SS and lucked out with this one. I had wanted something that came in a little gnarlier mid-90s coloring (think neon splatter) but this flat Ti Grey is baaaaad.

The guy I got it from said most of it is original and I suspect he's right. The Pulstar Hubs are super unique, I won't be getting rid of them :) . The headset, saddle, and pedals don't look original though, any one got an idea? (I'm waiting for Rekiborter on this one!)

So, any suggestions for the SS convo? I'd like to get some matching anodized parts (pedals, headset, crank/ring) to really make it look sharp. Is there anything super rare that I shouldn't remove? (The hubs are staying but the bar extensions aren't my style). I was thinking about changing out the handlebar, but since its PFR brand it may stay.

What about the front suspension fork? Seems like a low-end RST, I'll think about switching it out for something that matches a little better.

How about those decals! The only ones that have really chipped and cracked are the RST ones ;) and the Ti Paint looks hard as the cromo frame.

I'm only going to post a few pics here, the rest will be in my google photo album here: (look in the first reply, can't post a URL in first post)

Attachments

• DSCF1943.JPG
    DSCF1943.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 4,019
  • DSCF1944.JPG
    DSCF1944.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 4,018
  • DSCF1945.JPG
    DSCF1945.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 4,015
  • DSCF1950.JPG
    DSCF1950.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 4,017
The stem and saddle would have been PFR branded (Parkpre Factory Racing) originally. I remember the saddle had a perforated cover, and the stem in the UK was silver with black PFR transfers on the sides.

That is really nice, congratulations :D It must have been looked after by the previous owner. Surfr is right about the saddle and stem they are not the originals. Another Parkpre joins the RB clan :cool:

Back