Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Thanks Clubby, Jamie. It turned out pretty well. Weather was lovely today so we decided to have a kona kinda day. Took the mrs and daughter out. Lava dome performed great. Mrs loves it.

Attachments

• 42528199-7326-4BBF-BA6C-0422A6E05D3D.jpeg
    42528199-7326-4BBF-BA6C-0422A6E05D3D.jpeg
    374.8 KB · Views: 529
Brians Big Bicycle Bonanza of a ride to celebrate his 75th Birthday!!!!!!
'Come on a road ride ' he said
Or ' What could have been if Covid had of allowed'

I am not long in from this great ride with a great friend and sadly due to restrictions it was Brian and myself only, and even for that I am grateful as the plan was originally for a ride up the Bealach with others, though with new restrictions in place we couldn't share the van, not to worry we made the best of what we had and I must say we had a great ride out today covering some old tracks and byroads we know well and finding a few new trails to explore as well.
I drove down south early this morning to park outside Brians, get ready in the van and then we were off. It was quite cool I must say and it was obvious that summer has gone and we are back to the cool but nice autumnal weather. There was a bit of cloud about here and there but minimal wind.
We headed out towards Muir of Ord on a very meandering loop before heading into the hills on the dirt roads to eventually loop back in from the west to Marybank, before heading to Strathpeffer for a coffee and apple pie and hot custard to warm us for the final leg back to Brians.
We did about around 50klms on singletrack roads, dirt roads and also some singletrack back from Strathpeffer so a great mix of roads taking us through some beautiful varied scenery, from high hills to rolling farmland and trails through multi coloured woods, we also seen quite a bit of wildlife from many Red Kites, Squirrel, buzzards and even a sad Pine Marten hit on the side of the road.
Brian was on his ever trusty blue Pompino and myself on my trusty Jack Taylor Super Clubman.
A great casual ride in a relaxed manner just enjoying being out riding on roads we always enjoy at this time of year, by nature though it is a very different ride from just the two of us, and restrictions etc at our usual cafes but at the same time it felt good to do what we so often used to do, so maybe this is the new normal, we will see. Either way to ride where I can ride and the company I can ride with, I am thankful for that.
To my pal Brian, again, wishing you a very Happy 75th Birthday!

IMG_3965 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3970 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3972 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3976 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3984 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3993 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4005 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4007 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4012 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4020 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4022 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4029 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4033 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4035 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Looks like we managed to get in nearly as much climb as the Bealach na Bah, so the original idea got honoured. :)

Re:

Well done guys and congratulations Brian.
Great choice of snack as well, very posh.

A bit of riding for me this weekend. Did 26.5 miles at Glentress on Friday, pushing my ebike battery past it limit. It showed 1 mile range left for 3 miles before finally dying climbing back to the Buzzards car park from the end of Zoom or Bust. Thankfully it’s quite a gentle climb and from there it was a downhill run back to the car. Was a good ride exploring some of the less extreme enduro trails around the far side of the black.

Yesterday I made up from the assistance by dragging the wee man and trailer down to the swings and beach in Carnoustie. Easy enough going there but more of a chore heading back uphill all the way to the house. Really enjoyed getting out with the trailer this summer. We’ve done 350miles since getting it in April.

Hope everyone else got some miles in this weekend.

That's a great effort with the trailer, you guys are certainly putting in the miles.
It makes you feel fast though when you go back out solo :)

Jamie

My birthday ride. Not quite what it was supposed to be, but seeing as car sharing isn't allowed at the moment and it's wasteful to drive 2 cars that far for a short ride, we stayed local to me.

I told Jamie it was a road ride. That's why I took my long distance audax roadbike.

After about 2 miles Jamie was wanting to go wandering offroad. So everyone take note, this time it was not my fault. :)

Luckily I know a few wee tracks around here, so a-wandering we did go...

Only about 27 miles all up, but we nearly managed as much climb as the Bealach, so that was a consolation.

No way would I try that one.

Jamie's grinning because usually that bit is ankle deep mud.

The last leg.

Re:

Belated Birthday wishes Brian :D

I see there are no photos involving an actual tarmac road from your "road ride" :LOL:

I blame Jamie.....

Back