French Barn Find - Buckets of Patina!

Got to check diameters later, but the stem and bars from the '46 Pug are asking to go on '10/20 De Dion Bouton.

A stem like that is far too racey for a 650B tourer. Unbelievably, the stem and and bars are in one piece. Makes me think
when when Keith Bontrager introduced the one piece AL MTB flat bar and stem to save weight by removing the steel binding
bolt. As they say....in cycling nothing is new.

Re:

And not forgetting the welded Cinelli bars and stem on Alf Engers "Speed Machine" back in '78....

Top thread by the way!

Attachments

• Bars.JPG
    Bars.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 609
Not always the classic. Nowadays also bars in one piece. Not my thing. Nothing to adjust...
carbon_stuur.png

dutchie":198qgs0l said:
.....Not my thing. Nothing to adjust...

Same here really. Will be trial and error since the head angle of the Pug is much steeper than the De Dion Bouton.

1950 Peugeot catalogue. Very very close; just some minor differences between this and the tip find.

Source: http://www.peugeotshow.com/ a great resource for the Peugeot fan, but sadly a whole chunk is missing during the war years.

Attachments

• 1950fr_06.jpg
    1950fr_06.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 587
Update about the Pug. In short rather disappointing as a whole; odd cranks, missing and damaged brake parts, and
the frame and forks are just not what I expected.

The canti-lever brake bosses are not canti-lever brakes bosses as we know them at all; they are rather specific
to the brake caliper.

The very thin tinny sharp clips to hold the dynamo electrics all down the seat-stay and all over the forks and top-tube are the work of a mad man. I've cut my fingers and back of the knuckles to no end getting wheels, mudguards and racks off. I'm thinking the little tool boxes on the rear rack are actually used for a puncture repair kit and 50 or so plasters.

Attachments

• 12_rs.jpg
    12_rs.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 524

Latest posts

Back