Looking for 53-ish Coppi Genuis, EL or Titanio

lej

Retro Newbie
(Note - you can skip the sentiment and scroll to the bottom for the exact description of what I'm looking for if you prefer...)

This is my first post to this forum, so let me start by thanking the people that put this all together and the community that makes it work. It's quite inspiring to me as an aging ex-racer to see all the bikes of my salad days in such fine trim.

After years in racing and then working in the US cycling industry I left about 10 years ago almost hating bikes. Quite the switch about from them being the center of my universe for almost 3 decades. I was fragged and fried and everything else.

Then I moved to France 3 years ago and the roads of Carcasonne, Avignon, and the Ardeche began to inspire me. I had a stirring that I wanted to ride again. So I pieced together a bike and for about two years just padded about with it every now and then.

After the confinement, for some reason, the bike, once again, feels like freedom and possibility - but I have a hard time loving the plastic bike that I have in the same way that I loved my old steel and titanium race bikes. I really want to put together something that reflects where (and when) I have come from and the age of cycling that I loved.

I am in the processes of starting up a company, so money is tight, but when I saw a photo of Paulo Bettini on his MG-Technogym Coppi, I was back in those days when that was the sexiest bike in the world in my eyes and I desperately wanted a Coppi of my own with the dropped seat stays, domed chrome fork crown, and a Dura Ace groupset.

I'd be profoundly appreciative if anyone had a nice Coppi Genius, EL-OS, or Titanio frame and fork that they would be willing to part with for a fair price. I'm looking for something with a seat tube c-c between 52.5 and 54, and a top tube between 53.5 and 55. I prefer the darker colors of the frames over the yellow and white (MG vs Polti in my mind, though I loved the punchy riders on both squads - Bartoli, Rebbelin, LeBlanc...), but would be open to any color.

If you think you have something that fits the bill, please let me know. (And, I apologize if this ended up being a bit long to get to the meat of what I'm looking for; hence the note at the top.)

Happy roads.

Re:

OK, I've decided on a Genius Coppi, and leaning towards the oversized down-tube version - thus a fillet brazed frame... Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Back